The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSiren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) - Page 2 I_voting_barSiren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSiren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) - Page 2 I_voting_barSiren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open)

Post by Twitch Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:17 am

Cyth tensed as the Gria left his seat and approached. He would've preferred to observe the newcomer for a bit longer before any contact was made, but it looked like that was out of the question now. Cyth leaned back in his seat and made eye contact with the Gria. A twinge ran through his gut as he saw the other man notice his right eye. 'Maybe I should get something else besides an eyepatch... a bandana? No. No way that'd work.' He didn't try to hide the zipper; no point in that now. Upon hearing the stranger introduce himself, Cyth inclined his head a bit. "Name's Cyth." He plopped a hand on top of his dog's head. "I call the furry one Hoppalong."

Mogken's enthusiastic greeting made a smile cross Cyth's lips, though the expression quickly withered into a sneer as the moogle extended an invitation to the Viera. A moment later he forced it into a smirk. He looked back at Solomon, withdrawing his legs from the chair next to him and gesturing to it. "Eatin's better with a group."
Twitch
Twitch

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2017-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Zion would gladly hop out of his chair and strut his way over to the occupied table. As he approaches, the new people would be able to see the scimitar strapped to his waist, which was an odd blue color, and shined like a sapphire in the dim lighting of the tavern. Sitting down, even before being prompted, he looked at Hoppalong, "Hi there big guy." Oddly enough, the dog would be able to understand him, at least a bit, due to the Viera's talent with animals. Nodding to the other two, "The names Zion, pleasure to meet you."
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 62
Usertitle : The Grand Vizier of Moderation
Moderation Color: Teal
Registration date : 2017-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Solomon let the moogle, Mogken, shake his hand and listened to the questions. "Whoa buddy, slow down there... As for what I'm doing, I'm travelling. My ally, wait... Bite?" Solomon pulls his hand away, turning his head to Cyth but still watching Mogken
    "Good to meet you Cyth, and Hoppalong.", replied Solomon, noticing the man offer a seat. "We were getting ready to eat something, if we wouldn't be intruding?" He noticed Zion speaking with the dog, and smiled. His friend always had a way with animals. He asked them, "What brings you two to this place?", leaning his staff against his chair. He turned the chair around so the back of it was towards the table, his wings making it difficult to sit in normal chairs.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:41 am

"I just got done raiding some ruins close by and so I thought I'd stop by to get something to eat, then I noticed this guy never seen him before but the dog was interesting so I thought I'd introduce myself" Mogken looked the new folks at the table up and down sizing then up as he had done with the patrons of the bar when he first got there. "So Zion and Solomon you two always travel together?"
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Smirk still held in place, Cyth watched the Viera take his seat. Hoppalong tilted his head as Zion spoke to him, unused to understanding speech quite so clearly, then wagged his tail and gave a small woof.

In response to Solomon's question, Cyth said, "I'm a dungeon delver too, same as the Moogle. Just spent the last of my haul on a good dinner for Hop and me." Still thirsty, he checked in his pockets and found nothing but lint and disappointment.

With a sigh, he reached up to his right eye, 'Did I leave any spare change in here?'  He carefully unzipped it, the metal parting to reveal an abyss that seemed to extend much deeper than physically possible. Thinking of the exact amount of money he'd need, Cyth reached two fingers into the abyss and withdrew them a short while later. With a grin of relief he felt two gil zip into his grasp. He pulled them out, closed the zipper, and motioned to the barmaid. "One more drink for me, same stuff." Hoppalong sniffed at the coins and Cyth withdrew them, "No, I'm cutting you off. You can't raid dungeons with me if I have to roll you everywhere."

Hoppalong looked back at Zion, tilting his head and letting out a pleading whine.
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Zion was listening intently, trying to find something about his new 'companions', when his ear twitched, and he heard the sound of unzipping. Looking up just in time to see Cyth stick his fingers into his eyes, "What in the name of Diabolos?!" With that reaction, it was obvious that the Viera hadn't noticed the eye before. "You have a wallet for an eye? How.... what..." It may be socially ungraceful, but Zion didn't know what else to say. He had seen a lot of stuff. Hell, he had stared into a Marlboro's maw, and walked away, and this still took him by surprise.
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:43 pm

"We do typically travel together, yeah. Someone's gotta keep him from getting himself killed, eh?", Solomon replied to Mogken with a smirk to Zion. Upon seeing Cyth unzip his eye, and his companion's reaction to it, Solomon raised an eyebrow and let out a loud laugh. "Well, I guess that makes it difficult to steal from you?", he laughed still, wondering what else might be in the eye zipper. "Could probably keep even that shite head Carbuncle's paws out of reach! Speaking of who, notice any beasts of note on your travels through the ruins around here?" He was still smiling at the pair, noticeably more comfortable around them already, settling into his chair a bit. "What's the pretty barmaiden's name anyways, Zion? Oi, miss! A drink of the same as what this man is having while you're at it, if you would?" he asked loudly enough for her to hear, not quite shouting to keep from appearing rude.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:06 pm

"Oh yes more ale here as well please" Mogken was being a bit louder than he should have been but it was not too bad." Well the most interesting beasts I have run into around here was a bugger who looked like a treasure chest but it sprouted arms and tried to gobble me up, but I have heard a team or two that the old lightning God Rumah has a temple buried somewhere around here."
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Hearing Solomon's comment, Cyth let out a genuine laugh. "I suppose it does. Makes flirtin' hell though." Being asked about beasts, Cyth sat back and thought. He didn't usually pay much attention to the monsters he and Hop faced beyond what their weaknesses were and how to exploit them.

He raised one eyebrow in interest as Mogken spoke. 'Rumah? A God's temple would probably have magic junk in it, right? That'd be food and shelter for awhile...'

He leaned forward, resting his bony elbows on the table. "Haven't seen anything super unusual. Did fight a couple of Bandersnatches not too long ago." He looked up at Solomon. "Why d'you ask?"
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Rather miffed at being ignored, he huffed at the one eyed man, "Because we hunt them. I can learn their abilities and Solomon can summon the greater of them. We are adventurers and explorers extraordinaire, scouting the world looking for treasures, creatures, and secrets. The Bringer of Hellfire beckons to my companions call and I wield powers of the beasts, Marlboro and Zemzelzet! What more reason would we need than the life of adventure itself?"
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:15 pm

"Flirting, eh? Well not everyone can be as silver tongued as Zion here, myself included... Try having wings and horns?", he replied with a smirk. "And Bandersnatches... I haven't seen one of those in quite a while. Big furry things, very flammable... Even more terrifying when on fire though."
      Hearing Mogken's comment, completely passing over the likely Mimic-chest, made Solomon sit upright in his seat, "Wait... Surely you don't mean The Lord of Levin himself, Ramuh? Come to think of it, it has been storming, but surely not because of him?", he nearly shouted, quieting towards the end. He wanted to seem less excited than he was, but the thought of another Eidolon fight had Solomon wanting for every scrap of information possible. Ramuh had once been a man, hadn't he? Unless that was just an old tale. More popularly though were the tales of his dominance over lightning itself, bending the normally uncontrollable element through the air to his whim., he thought to himself, sorting through his bag to find a small book titled 'Memesis Lexicon', turning to a chapter toward the beginning headed, 'Ona Ramuhda'. He kept it turned mostly to himself, quickly reading through the few pages of information. It was an old weathered book, and the pages were written in a few different languages, so various parts of it would take him a minute to sort through. He'd completely forgotten he was sitting with people, completely absorbed in the book.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:42 pm

"well i think i have been drinking for long enough and i am gonna grab a room, but tomorrow i am heading to one of the places that Ramuhs temple supposedly is at anyone who cares to join me meet here at this table for breakfast" and with that Mogken floated away up the stairs to a bedroom to sleep off the booze

Please make sure to use proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization in your posts, thank you. Moderation comment-Jack
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:39 am

Cyth listened to Zion speak, a twinge of annoyance making his nose wrinkle. 'Bringer of Hellfire... bringer of bullshit, maybe. ' Few things annoyed him more than grandstanding. 'What more reason than adventure? Coin for a roof over your head and food on the table come to mind.' If Zion was a hobby adventurer, that was all the more reason to dislike him. In response to Zion, Cyth said casually, "Doesn't seem like you've got a scratch on those nice clothes, adventuring must be working out for you."

Cyth glanced at Solomon with a smirk as the other man spoke of Bandersnatches. "They're none too keen on bullets, either." He sat back, hand snapping to the holster at his waist as Solomon shouted. Realizing the Gria was simply excited about the temple, he relaxed and returned to his drink.

He looked around at Mogken as the moogle departed, giving a small wave. "If I'm awake by then, I'll say hi." Cyth returned his attention to the table, taking a long drink.
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Wed May 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Zion scowled at Cyth, "And? Just because I take care of myself, and care how I'm presented in public doesn't mean jack or squat. Your arrogance does you no favors. Not to mention your dog is better groomed than you are. Ass." The Viera male had decided that he and this human were not going to get along. Noting Solomon's excitement, though, turned his sour mood much more into neutral tone.

The Blue Mage shook his head, "We can go tomorrow Solomon. Both of us are just chomping at the bit to get there anyway. I mean, why else would we have come here?" They were, of course, following rumors that a primal, fancy word for eidolon, had manifested in the neighboring area before. Turning to look at Hoppalong, "I don't hold your partners lack of manners or social graces against you friend." He smiled and went back to munching on his food, giving a wink to the waitress, waiting dutifully for her shift to end.
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Sat May 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Solomon had been lightly listening to the conversation at the table in between studying his book, enough to hear Mogken retire for the night. "Sleep well Mogken, I'm sure we'll be here in the morning." On hearing Zion and Cyth exchanging verbal blows, he chuckled lightly, now closing his book and returning it to his pack. "Depending on the adventuring being done, it has worked out mostly well for us you could say. There's gold in adventuring, but I know for me, it's more than just that. If we do indeed see Ramuh tomorrow, I think he's going to require more than my skills alone. I know where mine and Zion's skills lie, and I'm interested to see what you and Mogken can do.", he told Cyth. He wasn't lying or attempting to be rude, as he was genuinely curious. He ate a little of his food and drank some of the ale, thinking of how to fight this next possible Eidolon. "I don't know if either of you have seen an Eidolon before, as I know they aren't overly common these days, but some of them are very powerful. Ifrit was quite the bastard to take down, but I think he's warmed up to me.", he added with a straight face. "They make for powerful allies, if you can survive their onslaught."
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Tue May 09, 2017 7:08 pm

As Mogekn snuggled in the bed that was far too large for him, he thought "what interesting folks i have come across tonight. I hope this turns into a grand adventure." Mogkens' dreams that night were of his family home in Ivalice, he dreamt his mother was cooking dinner for all 20 of his siblings and him, He was playing with the youngest Kupina Marie when suddenly the house began to shake adn the sound of thunder and flashes of lightning could be seen and heard everywhere. Then the house shook apart and he was separated from everyone else, and as he went to fly to them he was struck by a large bolt of red lightning and with that he awoke. Mogekn found himself on the floor dripping in sweat and was panicked. "Maybe i don't want to adventure there, maybe this one is too dangerous?" he said to himself. But after a moment he drew himself a bath cleaned up and went back to sleep.
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Wed May 10, 2017 12:17 pm

As Zion began to reply, a smirk spread on Cyth's lips. With the final profanity at the end of the Viera's rebuttal, Cyth burst into a genuine laugh. He'd always enjoyed the exchange of insults, finding it a good way to gauge someone's character depending on how they reacted. 'Good to know the Viera's got a spine.' He thought, leaning back in his seat, still grinning. Hoppalong tilted his head at the Viera. Not being well versed in the ways of humans, he was unsure what social graces were lacking in his partner.

In reply to Zion, Cyth stretched lazily and put his hands behind his head, "Ain't my fault if the dog is cuter than I am. Big ears are an unfair advantage, I'm sure you know that." Hop glanced up at his owner, the tip of his tail wagging in hopes of more food. Cyth looked over at Solomon, listening until the Gria had finished speaking. He considered what had been said, finally saying, "Haven't come across an Eidolon before. Sounds like a challenge." He glanced at his empty mug of ale. "I might be just drunk enough to agree to it." If there was something dangerous in a dungeon, that usually meant less people had been through it... meaning more possible profit.

He looked back at Solomon, leaning forward on the table toward him. "I think I'd like to take a crack at that Eidolon thing. Put me where I can attack at range and I'll take care of the rest." The corners of his mouth twitched upward as he glanced at the Viera. "If Zion doesn't mind, of course."
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Tue May 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Zion couldn't help but chuckle, "Oh, I don't have a problem with you joining, though, you will find that at range puts you in just as much danger as up close. Most of the eidolons have control over their specific element. In Lord Ramuh's case, lightning. Though, if thats where you specialize, that's just fine with me. Less of a chance you get in my way." He still has a smirk on his face, "Regardless of my pretty face, and big ears, I assure you, this scimitar isn't just for show. Blue Mages are renown swordsmen, and I've trained under four of the best Blue Mages of our generation." There wasn't any arrogance in his voice, just a matter of fact sense of truth.

Letting out a yawn, "Oh dear, I hope she gets off of her shift soon. After our travels, trying to avoid this storm, I'm afraid I'm beginning to fade."
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Tue May 16, 2017 10:12 pm

"I'm not really sure to be honest, but I can say range could have been helpful fighting Ifrit... Ramuh will likely be a dangerous Eidolon though. He's not quite as feral as the others, as he's apparently the most 'personable' of them, if such can be said. My own abilities are more in support, but Ifrit does handle himself well against most foe. I will say though, if the fight becomes eidolon against eidolon, you may be glad to be at range..." Solomon finished his drink, and decided he'd earned at least one or two more for the night before retiring to bed. He stepped to the bar to order another two glasses. He hadn't really checked to see if Cyth's was actually empty, or asked if he'd wanted another in the first place, but worst case scenario he'd drink them both. He returned to the table with the two glasses, noticing Zion sleepily watching the barmaid. He sat down and smiled, shaking his head slightly. He set a glass in front of himself and slid the other across the table to Cyth raising an eyebrow in question and a nod.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Wed May 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Mogken was awoken by the smell of bacon cooking from downstairs, he knew immediately that he had to hurry and shower and get down there. So with th speed of lightning he rushed to the bathroom and was in and out like a flash and dressed just as quickly. As he trotted down the stairs the smelled bashed him in the face and his stomach roared with anticipation. "Three big helpings of bacon and a small stack of flap jacks please." The barmaid was shocked to hear that a creature that tiny wanted that much food but she placed his order and Mogken found his way to the same table as last night.
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Sat May 20, 2017 11:59 pm

Cyth listened to Zion, smiling. "Yeah, but at range they're at least in as much danger as I am." He let out a muffled snort of laughter. "Fair. You've already got to fight around those growths on your head, you don't need to go tripping over my bony ass." Cyth watched Solomon get up and retrieve two more drinks. Seeing one slide his way, his smirk widened and he tilted the brim of the mug to the Gria, "Cheers." He drank half of it in one string of gulps, then set the rest on the table. The day of travel had begun to pull him down along with the drinks he'd devoured. Grinning an intoxicated grin, Cyth stood, taking the mug with him. "So, 'spect we'll meet back at this table in the morning, yeah?" He walked toward the stairs, Hoppalong immediately falling into step beside him. "Night, all, you better sleep well... don't need a bunch of dozy bastards in the dungeon with me." He followed Zion's gaze toward the barmaid. A flash of annoyance re-ignited in his gut and his formerly content smile turned sour.

He stalked upstairs, muttering to himself and the dog. Finding a room he was pretty sure was his (or at least it was now) Cyth shouldered open the door. It took him a moment to realize he was, in actual fact, inside the linen cupboard. He glared at the shelves of sheets for a bit, nose wrinkled. Then he shrugged, closed and locked the door behind him, and set to work. Fashioning a nest on the highest shelf that would serve nicely as a bed, he clapped his hands and turned to Hoppalong, trying to steady himself. "C'mon, bed time." The dog leapt into his arms. Cyth stumbled backwards, back slamming against one of the shelves. Letting out a vehement curse that would've peeled paint, he hefted the dog into the nest, then followed suit. Setting his mug beside him, just in case he might get thirsty, he grabbed a few sheets from the surrounding shelves and built a deceptive wall of carefully folded clean linens that would hide him from anybody below.

Cyth snuggled into his handiwork with a smug smile, petting Hoppalong's head as the dog sighed. 'Free room. Can't beat that.' Fully content in his surroundings, Cyth closed his eye and quickly dropped off to sleep.
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Sat May 27, 2017 12:34 pm

Zion's wait wasn't much longer, the bartender giving him the stink eye the entire time, but, he was a paying customer, so there wouldn't be much complaining. The barmaid trotted happily in his direction, a frown crossing her face as thoughts went through her head. Zion simply chuckled, "Worry not, fair maiden, I couldn't let you walk home through all of the rain, so I have procured a warm bed so you may rest your weary head. Once we get upstairs, I'll have to give your dainty feet a massage. Working on them all day can't be easy." Whatever reservations the woman was having melted away and she and Zion rushed upstairs, and he made good on all of his promises, then he rested, because tomorrow was the beginning of a new adventure, this one's target, the Lord of Thunder Ramuh.
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Solomon finished his drink, and as everyone began to leave, he once again opened his book. He turned to see that none of the patrons was watching him. Now that he was alone, he laid the book out on the table and really began to study it. He held his hand over it for a moment, and several words on the page began to take on a faint glow. While the book provided basic information on many of the Eidolons, he was finding there was ever more information the further he delved. He took a small flat blue crystal magnifying glass, looking over the illuminated words, and spoke them quietly. As he finished, another layer or words formed over the pages, providing a more thorough history of Ramuh. There wasn't really much he hadn't read or heard before, but the fact that Ramuh was once a man was now confirmed to him, and that meant the Eidolon would be intelligent and maybe even reasonable, but also cunning. It was his domain to pass judgement on those seeking his power, and it wasn't to be taken lightly. As for what he considered 'worthy', they'd have to ascertain upon meeting him. He closed the book, the magic fading between the pages almost like glowing dust, and returned it with the crystal to his bag. He stood tall and stretched, speaking with the innkeep as to find out which room would be his, and was told which one should be empty for him. He looked to the remaining patrons, and seeing the rest were men or elderly, shrugged and walked upstairs to find his room. The room was plain and dark, the bed obviously too small, and the window was a bit drafty and had let in a small pool of water on the floor. He sighed and rubbed his temples as he closed the door. He recited a few words and the familiar green orbs of energy moved around him. As they moved above him into the air, Carbuncle floated, spinning in the air, for a moment before landing softly on the ground. His presence filled the room with a blue glow. The creature looked at him curiously for a moment, before realizing he'd only been called on as a light source, walking to the edge of the empty bed before jumping into the middle of it, curling into a comfortable ball. Solomon smiled a little, setting his bag on a dry part of the floor under the bed. He lifted the Carbuncle, and moved into the bed himself, settling as much as he could manage, before returning the creature to lay on his lap as they both fell asleep. Carbuncle's form began to fade as his light dissipated as well, eventually disappearing entirely.

As morning came, the light filtered intensely through the window. Solomon groaned awake, stretching as he moved to the edge of the bed, rubbing his eyes. He put his tattered shirt back on, and collected his things before trudging somewhat loudly down the stairs. His hair was even wilder than normal, and he collapsed into a chair that creaked but didn't break. He had by chance returned to the same table as the night before, and Mogken was sitting with a plate of food. Solomon was not a morning person, and groaned out a simple "G'mornin'" to both Mogken and the barmaid, adding for the barmaid a half asleep, "I wan' wha he's got...", pointing lazily at Mogken's plate.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2