The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 3 I_vote_lcapIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 3 I_voting_barIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 3 I_vote_lcapIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 3 I_voting_barIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel}

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 3 Empty Re: In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel}

Post by Mari Bryn Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:16 pm

"Eesh that's rough," Elli said reaching a hand up and patting Galruug's leg, "and I though Auntie Rockjaw was a jerk. How big did your horns used to be? Did you carve the designs into them like the ones on your axe or does someone else carve them? OR do they just grow like that. Will your horns grow back? Did it hurt when they got cut off? Did you keep them when they got cut off? Am I being rude? Sorry!" Elli said blushing, "Sometimes I can't help the questions. You don't have to answer I was probably being rude, sorry."
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2075
Usertitle : Public Relations Director
Moderation Color: Lavender
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 3 Empty Re: In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel}

Post by Dusk Aerilius Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Belrim walked alongside them, playing the guitar and listening to his companions. He was interested in the two of them, and started to feel a bit more empathetic for Galruug as he told his story. Belrim had left his home willingly, he couldn't imagine being forced out. He wanted to help his new friend in his quest to return to his home. Elli began asking all of the questions Belrim had, quicker than he could even think them. He laughed quietly at the amount of questions and waited to see how Galruug would respond.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:10 pm

"They will not grow back. My people will only ever have one set in their life." Galruug said, sounding legitimately disappointed to retell this. "I carved them myself, and forged the blades as well." He said, removing one of his axes from his belt and holding it in such a way that Elli could see it. "Enough questions though. I do not wish to answer more." He said, his voice low for a change, he returned his axe to his belt and continued walking.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:36 pm

"My mom didn't want me to leave, but I had to," Elli said sadly looking down and patting badger. "I was tired of everyone treating me like a child just because I'm smaller than them. I figure if I can go have some adventures while my cousins are at home chipping at stone maybe they'll stop teasing me. Auntie Rockjaw was the worst," she said glowering. "She was always talking about how lucky I was not to live with the 'primitive' little forest gnomes. She'd treat me like a little child all the time."

"I love my parents and I'm glad they're mine," Elli said enthusiastically, looking up before her voice dropped again, "but I just kinda wanted to see what it could have been like if I'd grown up with other forest gnomes. I've never even met another forest gnome. I want to return home and show them all that Eleison Ellywick Larabel Littlebit Badgerbum Sparkleeye Woodson isn't just a kid who needs to stay latched to an aunties apron strings you know?"
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Belrim was saddened to hear of his friends' struggles. Galruug's axes were truly impressive though, he thought, and it made them much more so because of the way he'd made them himself from a painful memory. Elli's story reminded him a bit of his own, though not entirely. She sounded to be traveling to prove herself and see the world, something not many her size would attempt. Belrim began to think about his own real reasons for leaving his home, and they seemed almost silly now. He began to laugh, "Hearing the two of you makes leaving a spoiled life of luxury seem a frivolous thing. I don't mean to offend either of you and what you've experienced, it's just that leaving my home to explore and record adventures in song instead of performing someone else's seemed to be a valiant reason when I left. Now that I think about it I can understand what you meant in that pub Galruug."
    "Why should I ever return to my home, really? To perform new songs no longer seems a good reason, I've already met new people who, from the sounds of it, could possibly use some aid. I know I can't do a lot, but I'd like to help in any way I'm able.", he thought to himself.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Galruug raise an eyebrow as the forest gnome rattled off her whole name to ask a rhetorical question. "I suppose you have a point...Small One..." He said, quickly giving up on an attempt to recite her name as she had. "Though, I doubt we will find more of your kind on this adventure, my people seldom travel to forests of any sort for long and so neither shall we."

As Belrim gave his own personal account, the giant laughed. "Well Singer, I don't suppose all of us can have some sort of personal tragedy that defines us. I suppose as long as you have a reason for what you do, that is what matters."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 pm

"As long as it's an adventure that's good enough for me," Elli said with a smile, "and I'm really glad you left your home Belrim. I can't imagine what would have happened to Badger and I if you weren't at the pub. And what would have happened if you weren't there when this big guy showed up!? We're all seeking adventure, so we might as well seek it together!"

Badger feel weather changing. Big storm coming. Warn Elli and new friend. Big storm. Badger thought as he began chattering out loud to Elli.

Elli bent down close listening to badger and then looked around the forest. "Are you sure?" she asked looking at him. He seemed to snuffle in affirmation as Elli looked up at her companions. "Badger thinks there's a storm coming, like a really big one. Maybe we should try to find a place to shelter."
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:05 pm

Belrim smiled at his three companions, "I don't truly know my reason yet, but I'm sure that if I keep traveling I'll eventually find one. And I'm glad that I left as well! I truly don't think I could have been happy had I stayed. I don't know that I could have continued the same old performances every night... And I'd have never met you all either!" Belrim looked to the sky at the mention of storms. He was not at all skilled at making camp, as he'd usually just found an Inn, but he knew some basics and had packed the necessities for it. "Where should we stay? The forest would seem a safe place, or more so at least than in a field?"
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon May 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Galruug let out an amused grunt when Elli made the declaration about the storm. "So, the creature can predict the weather can it? What other tricks does it have up it's sleeve?" As he started to laugh, a crack of thunder shook the ground around them and the skies opened up, rain began pouring down on them. "I see...Very well, into the trees until it passes." He said, pulling out one of his axes to chop some low hanging branches from in front of him.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Tue May 02, 2017 5:01 pm

"Animals tend to be smarter than people," Elli said with a smirk looking up at Galruug as the rain started. The rain was a bit less ferocious in the trees but still soaking everything. And the wind whipping through the branches was almost deafening. The murky light that managed to penetrate the canopy gave the forest a gloomy cast and Elli found herself wishing she was back at the inn. "Maybe we can find a cave or something," she said yelling over the sound of the storm.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Tue May 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Belrim looked to the sky as it began to rain. It had been a while since he'd actually felt the rain and it was almost nice, but he remembered his instruments. He began quickly packing them into his sack wherever they would fit, not particularly worried, as most of them were made of metal and had felt the rain before, but it still seemed the best idea. As he heard the other two discuss a place to stay, mentioning a cave, he chimed in, "We should start then near the rocky areas to the west for a cave, or at least the most likely area for shelter. I remember seeing them on my map, but I would rather not bring it back out in this rain." He wouldn't mind staying under the trees, but they truly didn't provide a whole lot of cover, unless Galruug could chop them in a way that they might. "I'll follow where you all go, but we'll need at least some cover until this storm passes, and I'll admit, I'm only slightly capable of setting a camp.", he added nervously.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed May 03, 2017 9:23 pm

"Cave? Fine, anything to get out of this rain." Galruug grunted, looking around, trying to avoid branches. He noticed a craggy rock out cropping and pointed it out to his companions. Chopping his way towards it he worked his way along until he found and opening. "This will do." He said, ducking into the cave and sitting down, looking outside. "Now, we wait." He said, watching the rain drip down the mouth of the cave.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Thu May 04, 2017 11:14 am

As they entered the cave Elli climbed down off badger and removed his packs and harnesses.  She began scrounging around for dry kindling for a fire while Badger went out and began dragging in some of the dead branches from the forest, after he'd accumulated a small pile he shook himself off near the entrance spraying water around before plopping down on the floor to take a nap.

"The outsides a bit wet so it'll be smokey at first but I've got enough dry kindling I should be able to get a fire going," Elli said cheerfully as she pulled a little fire starter out of her widget bag.  "Who knows how long this storm will last and sitting around in damp clothes doesn't sound very fun to me.  Looks like this cave goes back a ways too," she said peering into the darkness.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Thu May 04, 2017 1:27 pm

Belrim shuddered a little at the thought of the cave, a bit worried about what else might be in it, but he truly didn't want to be left in the rain. He set his pack against one of the walls and helped arrange the campfire area. He took off his hat, setting it over his bag, and shook out his hair a bit. It'd been a while since he'd taken his hat off, so hit hair went a bit wild. He also laid his overcoat and other outer layers along the cave floor to try to dry them until he was in his plain white shirt and pants. It would be more apparent how slender he was now. He sat with his back to the wall where his pack was, in a way that he could see the mouth of the cave and the darkness to the back. "It... does go back a ways...", he agreed quietly. The sound of rain made slight echoes to the back of the cave, but without light, it was near impossible to really tell how far back it went.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu May 11, 2017 3:37 pm

When Galruug noticed that the small woman was about to draw a fire, he instinctively drew and axe and raised it, about to strike Elli before catching himself. "Err...I apologize small one. I am not fond of Fire." He looked at his two companions, sheathing his axe and grunting. "I'm going to go search the cave. You two stay here." He said, wandering off into the darkness, not letting the two have a chance to really stop him.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Thu May 11, 2017 7:22 pm

Elli paused as Galruug drew his axe, and Badger immediately sprang forward between them his fur bristling. They both relaxed as he put the axe away and walked towards the back of the cave. "Call out if you find trouble!" Elli called after him as she turned back to the fire.

"I don't want to make him uncomfortable, but I'm cold and wet," Elli said as she could feel slight shivers starting, Badger came to lie down behind her, pressing himself against her back. "I'm making the fire, at least until we're dry, when that happens or when he comes back we'll deal with it." She said as she ignited the fire starter, it took a moment with the damp wood but soon a smokey but warm fire was sending shadows dancing up the cave walls.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Tue May 16, 2017 8:58 pm

Belrim re-coiled a bit as Galruug drew his axe, knowing by the time he could do anything within his abilities, it would be too late. As the giant apologized, Belrim realized he'd been holding his breath, and drew a long inhale before sighing with a nervous smile. Elli was much quicker than he was with creating a fire, and he was glad when it ignited, instantly feeling warmer. "Some storm, eh? I'll admit I'm glad we found some shelter, but caves still make me a little nervous to be honest. It'll sound a bit silly maybe, but it's near impossible to control my songs with them resounding from the walls.", he laughed nervously. In truth, he'd been in the situation before. He'd found shelter in a bear's den, and when the bear decided Belrim would make for a nice dinner, he tried to sing it to sleep. He woke up some time later in the evening asleep on the cave floor himself just an arm's length or so from the sleeping bear. It was a novice mistake truthfully, and one that he was glad he learned with himself intact. He shrugged off the memory, "Well then... While we wait for Galruug's return, I think I may have some dried fruits in my pack, as well as some dessert crackers and things." Belrim had somehow managed to forget that he needed real food, making a habit of sustaining himself with sugars until he made it to the next stop. He shuffled through the bag and pulled a few pouches of fruits and a fairly large box of cookies tied with a satin bow. He received them as a gift from a girl he'd sang for some several villages back. She was head over heels for Belrim and brought him a few gifts during his stay, and he rather liked her back, until her husband heard tell of the man his wife was speaking with. The cookies were still intact, and meticulously wrapped individually. Belrim glanced at the fruits before unwrapping one of the larger cookies, nodding toward Elli and Badger as an offer.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:52 pm

"You should get some hearing protection. I could probably whip something up," Elli said with a smile. "Then even if you're in a cave or someplace with echoes you'd be okay. Some of my uncles liked to experiment with explosives and they'd make these plugs for your ears so us kids could watch them without going deaf. They were both deaf as a post already so they never wore them, but I thing I'd probably have what I need in a pouch to make some if you'd like."

As Belrim brought out the cookies Badger watched him before began creeping along the floor towards him trying to be inconspicuous. Elli rolled her eyes at the animal and shook her head. "You and Badger could be great friends, he'd live of sweets if he could. I think I've got some stuff to make an okay meal and then we can have dessert." She said rummaging through her various packs and pouches again.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3