The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} - Page 3 I_vote_lcapA Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} - Page 3 I_voting_barA Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} - Page 3 I_vote_lcapA Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} - Page 3 I_voting_barA Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open}

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} - Page 3 Empty Re: A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open}

Post by Mari Bryn Thu May 04, 2017 9:40 am

"Oh yeah it's most definitely a trap," James said with a chuckle. "The question is what kind. Could be this place has more in store, could be other rooms are considered to be the more important treasure and therefore guarded better, could be this is all orchestrated by Leandra or her boss. Wouldn't be the first time he's tried to get people to join their organization by making them feel special." James looked at Leandra and shook his head.

"Anyway, yeah, not trusting this situation seems like a wise plan my friend." James said as they approached the end of the hallway.

Leandra was standing there glaring at the boulder blocking the exit. "So...you guys already pissed off the golem...nice touch there. Especially since they're immune to most magic, and we're two magic users and an idiot. Any ideas?" She asked looking at the two men with disdain.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2075
Usertitle : Public Relations Director
Moderation Color: Lavender
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} - Page 3 Empty Re: A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open}

Post by Mistdrake Thu May 04, 2017 3:02 pm

"She's not the one in charge then? Well, I wouldn't have thought someone could be able to be in charge of her." James said with an amused smirk as Leandra stepped into the golem room. His smirk grew wider as Leandra began to show weakness. "Oh? What's this? A feat you can't accomplish?" He crossed his arms and glared at her. "We just sort of distracted it and ran through, and I doubt that trick will work again. Maybe your control rod will do something, if it is as powerful as you implied."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Thu May 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Red sparks seemed to travel down Leandra's hair again as she turned to look at Marcus. "You are a fool," she said enunciating each word carefully. "So let me explain this in a way that might make it through your thick skull. Control rods, only work on the construct they're made for. Right now it's a fancy magic stick that I'm not afraid to shove up your ass. I will blast this fucking boulder to smithereens but we still have a golem to deal with. A golem whom magic won't really help against. A golem who can crush your tiny little mage head, much like I want to now. So unless you have anything actually constructive to add I suggest you shut your mouth before I decide you really are useless."

"Okay," James said quickly stepping between his sister and Marcus. "We don't need to get hostile, we can figure this out. It's just a golem after all." He ran his hand over his hair thinking a moment. "What if, we had a rope, and we wrap it around his legs and trip him! Then he can't really chase us or trip up up. We go through the statue hallway, up the ice stairs and out of here. Sound good?" He said smiling and looking between the two.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu May 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Marcus stood his ground as Leandra yelled at him, and when she finished, he just smirked. "You've never been in a situation like this before, have you. You've always had your dirty work done for you by expendable peons and now here you are, stuck with the rest of us." He glanced at James when the thief stepped in between. "Well, I don't see any other option. I'm not the sneaky type though so I won't be able to do it, and I'm betting Leandra here isn't too sneaky either, so that leaves you James."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Fri May 05, 2017 6:36 pm

"Mate, that's still my sister you're talking to," James said throwing a look at Marcus.  "We've gotten ourselves into and out of much worse than this over the years, this is just how she plans on the fly," he chuckled and then grabbed a rope out of his pack.  "The rock blasting is a good idea, nice distraction and such, I can run out there and trip him up you two run for the exit okay." He stood back a bit from the boulder passing his bag to Leandra who sighed and put it on.

"I'd step back mage boy," Leandra said with a glare before raising her hand and closing her eyes. Nothing seemed to happen for a while but then almost imperceptibly the boulder began to vibrate, microscopic cracks began to appear before the boulder exploded, showering small particles over them as James took off at a sprint towards the golem.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun May 07, 2017 11:02 am

Marcus smirked and nodded at James' retort. "Looks like there is some family ties here..." He muttered, raising an arm to shield his face from the exploded boulder. He watched as James ran into the room at the boulder and watched to see what Leandra would do next, drawing his sword in case things did go south for him. With a quick attempt, he realized just how drained he was, whatever fight started, he just had his sword to protect him.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Mon May 08, 2017 7:36 pm

As the boulder exploded the golem turned towards them as James ran out of the dust like a streak. He began trying to entangle the golem as the golem looked down in confusion. "Thou dare return humans?" the golem said angrily. "I shall crush you're fragile skulls!"

"Gotta catch me first rocky," James said with a laugh trying to keep the golem's attention.

"Come on!" Leandra said grabbing Marcus' arm and running out into the room, "Which ones the exit?" she asked looking around the room, as James distracted the golem.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu May 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Marcus was surprised to be grabbed and dragged by Leandra. Shaking his arm free he glanced at James and the Golem. "This way." He said, running ahead of her and towards the door they'd started in. Once he made it to the hallway he looked back in. "James, come on! We gotta get out of here!" He called out to the rogue, glancing to see if his sister had waited for them or just kept running.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Thu May 11, 2017 7:34 pm

"We may have another problem boy," Leandra said skidding to a stop in the hallway. Three of the Statues that were once against the walls were standing shoulder to shoulder across the hallway blocking their path, they held their halberds at the ready but were not currently moving. "Unless of course these were like this when you got here and you just squeezed past them," she said trying to keep a wary eye on the statues and the doorway that led to the golem.

James saw Leandra and Marcus make their way towards the exit out of the corner of his eye as he darted between the golems legs. It wasn't an actual knot, and it probably wouldn't hold for long but hopefully it would work. "Fragile little skulls over here rock head!" He said with a laugh running in the opposite direction of the exit. The golem took a step towards him and James help his breath to see if his trick had worked.

"Dost thou mock me human? I shall truly enjoy th..." The golems retort was cut short as the rope ensnared his ankles, he teetered of balance for a moment before he came crashing towards the ground with a roar.

"Hope you enjoyed your trip rocko," James laughed as he vaulted over the golem and ran towards the exit where he saw Marcus waiting for him.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun May 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Marcus cursed at the barricade of statues. "They weren't..." He muttered, feeling the room shake as James toppled the Golem. "Well, now we have a little bit before that thing gets up to figure out how to get by." He looked at Leandra. "Don't suppose you can just blast your way through those, can you?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sun May 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Leandra closed her eyes for a moment in concentration before shaking her head, "I could probably take down 2 of them, but I'm running a bit low, I wasn't expecting to be summoned into combat." She said as James ran up to them. As he saw the statues he stopped.

"Well fuck," James said "Granted, they're not actually attacking yet." He walked up to one of the statues and looked at it closely. The statues didn't move. "Umm Excuse me, statue dude, can you budge over a little so I can get by?" he asked jokingly but to his surprise the center statue did step back and to the side. "Well, uhh thanks! Let's go then guys!" He said turning back towards Marcus and Leandra, but as Leandra stepped forward the statue moved back in place and all three raised their weapons.

Leandra quickly stepped back and the statues returned to their resting position, and James walked back towards his companions. "They're guarding the rod. Whoever has it won't be able to pass through," Leandra said shaking her head, "and I still can't teleport."

"You could use the gift," James said with a smirk.

"No I can't, remember how I said the Master had me test the cell made for you? We haven't had a new moon since numbskull," Leandra said leaning against the wall.

From the other room the sound of the golem untangling itself could be heard. James looked back towards that door, and then towards the statues before letting out a sigh and rolling his eyes. "Give me the rod, you two walk past the statues and up the stairs and once you're safe I'll meet you up top. Also your boss is an asshole."

"I know," Leandra said handing the rod to James. "We don't always have choices on who we serve brother, you know that." She walked up to the statues who made no move to threaten her, "Come on Marcus," she said looking back at hi before speaking to the statue, "Pardon me, I wish to leave," she said, and the center statue stepped back leaving the way clear to leave."
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3