The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} I_vote_lcapA Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} I_voting_barA Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} I_vote_lcapA Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} I_voting_barA Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open}

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} Empty A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open}

Post by Mari Bryn Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:33 pm

"I swear, I didn't take it, and I'm actually telling the truth this time!" James yelled as the guards dragged him down the hall and threw him in a cell, locking the door. "Can you believe these guys? They think I'll stole Lady Whatserfaces precious little staff? I mean yeah the jewels are nice but the things not even magic." He said pacing around the cell. He rushed up to the door and jumped up on the bars pushing his face through them. "YOU CAN'T KEEP ME HERE!" He yelled at the guards.

"So what brings you here?" James asked his cellmate. He sat down and began taking off his left boot.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2075
Usertitle : Public Relations Director
Moderation Color: Lavender
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} Empty Re: A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open}

Post by Mistdrake Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:30 pm

Marcus had been in there for about a week now and had been enjoying a bit of rest when they threw someone else in with him. The mage had made an attempt to ignore his new cellmate but they were just too loud that Marcus just couldn't focus on keeping his eyes shut. "Do you always have to be so loud?" Marcus asked, still not looking up at James. When the other prisoner finally turned his attention away from the guards, Marcus groaned and sat up. "I'm here because they told me I broke the law, when I tried to correct them, they ganged up on me and threw me in here." He let out a sigh and glanced up at the other man. "Don't waste your energy so soon, believe me, it won't work. It's better to just wait your time."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open} Empty Re: A Place like this {James&Marcus}{Open}

Post by Mari Bryn Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:01 pm

"That's where you're wrong my friend," James said with a smile as he removed a simple set of lock picks from the secret compartment in his boot. "They literally cannot keep me in here," he said as he began probing the lock, a few seconds later he had it and the door swung open a little.

"Sounds like you're unlawfully detained my friend. It's a tragedy," James said shaking his head, "Good folk like you locked up with out a trial just for making them feel dumb. Meanwhile the real lawbreakers, like the folks that took Lady so and sos precious staff walk around thumbin their nose at the law. Darn tragedy." He shook his head again and opened the door wide. "I aim to right this injustice and reclaim whatserfaces stick and prove my innocence. What about you?"
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Marcus raised an eyebrow as he watched James fiddle with the lock. "Even if you get the door open, you won't make it past the guards. There's at least a dozen heavily armed men between here and the end of the hall we're in. I haven't been ignoring the situation, I know how things are ran around here." He stood up from his bed and started to pace the end of the cell, stretching his arms. "As for what I want to do, I just want to live my life, see the sights, experience a little bit of everything." He sighed as James continued to fiddle with the lock. "I'll say it again, you're not gonna get out of here."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:24 pm

"Doors already open mate," James said gesturing to it, "And around this time is when most of the guards gather in the back for a quick smoke, except for the one at the front door John.  But...the only reason he don't go smoke is because this is when Lady Elsie, walks by on her way to market and John has the hots for Elsie and always spends a few minutes chatting with her. Making it an excellent time to sneak into the room where they put my stuff get it and then go out the window in the supply room.  I mean, last time I wanted to be here, my roomates mum was visiting you see, so he kicked me out for the week. I didn't sneak out then, just went to grab some better blankets and some decent food he dropped off.  His mum could cook, even if she stole my bed," He said with a chuckle.

"Anyway I'm done rambling,  I'm going, I'll lock the door back behind me just to leave em guessing so if you want out, now's your chance," James said as he stepped through the cell door and twirled his lock-picks.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Marcus just sat there and watched James ramble. Once the other man left the cell, Marcus began to slowly count the seconds, not glancing up. By the time he got to 15 he heard the heavy slamming of a metal door, at 17 he heard the shouts of the guards noticing the escaped prisoner, and by 18 he heard the metallic clinking of armored boots down the stone hall way. He stood up and chuckled, watching as two guards ran by him and he was sure there were more at the other end of the hall. They ignored the prisoners in their cells as they pursued James and Marcus knew it would only be about a minute or so before they were dragging James back. If there was one thing that he'd learned this week, it was that escape didn't work around here, the doors had some sort of silent magic alarm on them, if the door was opened by anyone other than a guard, the guards would know.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:31 am

"Well shit," James muttered, as he heard the guards coming "Guess they've upgraded since last time. Damn magic ruining everything for us normal folk." He looked around frantically for a place to hide but couldn't see anything.

"Guess I'm going up," He said with a smile as he jumped up, bracing his feet on either wall and quickly climbed up he braced himself with his hands and feet holding himself spreadeagled across the ceiling. "As long as I don't have to hold this to long, and they don't look up, we should be good," he muttered.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:32 pm

While James thought he was clever, he didn't seem to account that a guard had seen him scaling up the wall. A few of them stood beneath him, staring up at the escaped prisoner with abstract fascination and confusion. Eventually, a guard approached with a cross bow and started to ready it. Marcus glanced out from his cell to watch this all going on and shrugged before going back to his bed, still not really wanting to get involved. The guard raised his cross bow and aimed it at James, lining things up before he fired.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:58 pm

"Aw come on Mike, it was just some fun, keeping ya'll on your toes and all that, put the bow away," James said as he dropped down in front of the guards. "I'm kinda proud of you guys, after the whole incident last time it's good to see you stepping up security."

The guard Mike put his crossbow away and grabbed James roughly by the back of the neck. As another guard put him in shackles and began frisking him. "Where'd you hide them this time Jimmy boy? We took your belt away, grabbed the ones strapped to your arm, we even took your earrings for crying out loud," Mike said as he smacked James upside the head.

"Oh I know, I was so impressed you remembered about that," James said with a charming smile, "I had a secret compartment in my boot this time though, sorry." James kicked off his boots and nudged them over towards the guards. "Now, I solemnly swear I have no other nefarious lock picking tools on me."

"Yeah well see if we'll ever feckin trust you again Jimmy," Mike said as he shoved him into the cell and shackled him to the wall.

"Mike, mate. If I took the staff where is it? If I sold it where's the money. You know me, it's not my type of gig," James cried out after the guards. Mike just rolled his eyes and slammed the doors shut. "Well fuck," James spat venemously banging his head against the wall behind him.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Marcus, again, didn't look up as James was locked in the cell with him. "I'm impressed actually." He finally said after a moment of silence. "I didn't expect you to make it as far as you did. From what I've seen in my time here, the guards have gotten incredibly efficient at keeping people from getting out." The red mage let out a sigh and laid back down. "May as well get comfortable, time passes better that way."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 pm

"So you're content to just sit here? You relinquish your freedom that easily?" James asked fiddling with his shackles. "You're happy to live in a cage, at the mercy of someone else's whims...fuck that."

James reached his hands up and put a few of his fingers into his mouth. When he took them out he was holding a long, thin strip of metal about a centimeter wide. "Now before you get all judgey, I didn't lie. I told them I didn't have anything on me. I never said anything about in me." James flashed a quick smile. "Names James by the way, James Eteri. You from around here mate?"
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:39 pm

"Marcus." The Red Mage said with a wave, introducing himself. "From what I've heard the guards saying, I'm only gonna be in here a few more days. Once they get things sorted out and realize I'm really an innocent man that hasn't broken the law in this city before, I'll be free to go. From the sounds of it though, this isn't your first time in prison, so even if you are innocent they aren't gonna let you go." Marcus sat up and raised a brow as James pulled out the lock pick. "Yes, because if the first escape attempt didn't work the second one most certainly will."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:57 pm

"I can't be in a cage okay I just can't," James said with a dark look in his eyes. He got the shackles off and rubbed his wrists. "And for your information Marcus, I've never been convicted of a damned thing. Anytime some big wig gets something stolen, I get picked up. My family has a bit of a reputation that unfortunately still reaches me here."

Walking over to the window James grabbed onto the bars and pulled himself up pressing his face to the bars and taking a few deep breaths before dropping down and sitting on the floor crossing his legs. "I'm not gonna lie, I'm a thief, it's what I do. I only steal for other people though. Some rich dude wants something to blackmail a rival for, I steal it for him. Some wizard type wants an artifact from a trapped tomb, I steal it for him. Some bastard lord steals a farmers daughter because the farmer can't make his tithe. I steal her back and set the family up somewhere safe. Never been convicted though." He said with a smile before jumping up and pacing the cell.

"Being a thief is just my job, I get paid for it like any other tradesman. I don't keep the spoils, I don't take what I'm not sent for. Honestly my friend I just like the challenge," James said pacing a few more times before pulling himself back up to the window.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 am

Marcus sat up and watched as James explained his back story. "So, what you're saying is, you didn't steal the thing, but you stole the thing for someone else. Alright..." He stood up and walked over to the other side of the cell. "You know, maybe, if you perhaps did something to change your reputation, you'd stop winding up here. You say you come from a family of thieves and then you, yourself, are a thief too. Ever think maybe that might paint you in a negative light? Especially based on your little interaction with the guards there. If you don't want to be here, maybe try to work out a deal in some sort of civil manner with them. Then, just maybe, you wouldn't be in here as much."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:38 am

"What I'm saying, is in this instance, I didn't steal the thing at all," James said looking down at Marcus. "Also, I've only been in here one other time, and that's when I wanted to be. I know these guards because they're people, most of us live in the same neighborhood, we hang out at the same bar. The captains are the high ones, think they know who's good and who's bad. Ordering others about. Heck last time Mike helped me plan how to get myself arrested without actually facing conviction in exchange for me teaching him how to pick locks."

James dropped down from the window again and walked over to the door examining the lock. "Which probably explains the new security now that I think of it," James said with a chuckle. "Mike always was a bit of a cad, he wanted to point that damn bow at me." James shook his head and straightened up. He walked over to under the window and stood looking up at the sky. "I'll think of something," he muttered quietly.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:28 am

Marcus just sighed and leaned against the wall, continuing to watch James. "Fine then, you're innocent in this. Clearly, they don't believe you though. This means one of two things, one, whoever did it made sure they stole this thing in a method that could implicate you, or two, the person who stole it has enough authority to cover their tracks by blaming you." Marcus pushed off the wall and started to pace the width of the cell. "So, rather than continuing to escape, why don't you take a minute and think who would be able to steal such an important and well guarded item, get away with it, and then pin all the blame on you. There's gotta be some body out there who would want you in here enough to do that."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:08 pm

"That would be me," A woman's voice said from the door way. There was a crackle of magic as the invisibility dissipated revealing a woman in a red cloak. She was tall and her black hair cascaded around her shoulder's, she had a cruel smile on her face and looked to be in her mid forties. "I need you two for something, this seemed like a nice way to get you together and discuss it."

"Fuck off Leandra, I'm not working for you," James said turning towards her and leaning against the wall. "You should know that by now."

"Oh little brother you don't have a choice." She said with a smile wrapping one hand around the bars, leaning in, smiling at him. "I know all your tricks. Why, my master has even constructed a very special cell for you. He had it tested with me, and I assure you, it will hold you and you'll never feel fresh air again. As for you," she said turning to Marcus, "you do have a choice. We've learned much about you Marcus Alrise, and I feel I should inform you there may have been a, shall we say, development with your case file. Apparently you're slated for execution tomorrow morning, you were tried in absentia for crimes committed about ten years ago, and do to a slight clerical 'error' your sentence was recorded wrong. Shame that." She said shaking her head with a mock look of sadness. "So what'll it be boys?"
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Marcus glared at the woman as she read off how he was now going to be executed. While it appeared to be some sort of family affair for James, the only tie he had to this matter was the fact that if he didn't, he would be dead. "Well, while you say I have a choice, I don't really have one, do I." Marcus said, walking over to the bars. "Whatever you're scheme is, I'm in. Just as long as it gets my name off the list for execution." He said, putting his hands on the bars. "What do you need me to do?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Leandra smiled and reached a hand through the bars stroking Marcus' cheek. "There's always a choice, it's just sometimes, they both suck." She stepped back, turned to look over her shoulder and snapped her fingers. One of the guards walked over to her as if in a daze. She pointed at the lock and he fumbled for a moment before inserting the key and opening the door.

"All you have to do, my little red mage is pick up a little trinket for me. I would just have James do everything but the boy is useless at magic and this particular item needs a magic touch," Leandra said striding into the cell and motioning to the guard to re-lock it, which he did before walking away. "In thanks for you're help, we'll help you out Marcus. After this, your criminal record will be wiped completely clean. All the crimes of your past will be as if they never happened. Won't that be a great feeling." She said smiling at him.

"As for you," Leandra strode over to where James stood drawing a knife from her sleeve she held it backhand and pushed it and her arm against his neck. "If you fuck this up, or try to screw us over in anyway, I swear even mother won't be able to save you from us." She stepped back leaving a small line of blood on James' neck, she sheathed the knife and went to the middle of the cell holding out her hands, "Now gentlemen, if you'll just take my hands we'll get started."
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Marcus' scowl intensified as it became clear just how much leverage this woman had on him. He'd thought he'd been fairly good at clearing his record over the years but clearly, not as well as he'd thought if she'd managed to just dig it all back up at once. "Getting executed isn't really a choice anyone would want to make. So I guess being a criminal is my only option." He took a step towards Liandra and glanced at his cell mate. "Come on James, I bet you don't really feel like dying in here either. May as well just do what she says for now." He said, taking her hand.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:34 pm

"You're a bitch Leandra," James muttered wiping the bood from his throat but pushing himself away from the wall and walking over to them. Joining hands with Leandra and Marcus.

"You're just jealous Daddy liked me more," Leandra said with a smirk before casting a teleport spell, taking the three out of the cell and depositing them outside near a pile of old stones. Havenhome was visible to their left but it looked to be miles away.

"I'll even be nice and clear the doorway for you," Leandra said releasing their hands and gesturing towards the pile of stones which began levitating to the sides, revealing a stone stairwell leading down. "Here's your things by the way," she said snapping her fingers as two bundles appeared, dropping to the ground in front of the men. "I've even included a map for you brother, and a summoning stone so you can reach me when you have it. Remember, the mage has to be the only one to actually touch the thing, and if you two fuck this up, you'll wish you'd died in jail. TaTa!" She said with a wave before teleporting away.

James unwrapped on of the bundles and began putting his boots on and stashing his daggers away in various places. "Sorry, you got pulled into this Marcus," he said solemnly.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:03 pm

Marcus picked up his belongs, affixing his sword to his belt and throwing his pack over his shoulders. "Hey, don't worry about it. I didn't really have a choice on the matter, it sounded like your sister had things planned out long before we met." He picked up the map and looked it over before grabbing and pocketing the summoning stone. "Well, the sooner we get this, the sooner I can get myself off death row. Let's go James." Marcus sighed and started to head down the stairs.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:17 am

"Yeah she does that," James said rolling his eyes, he didn't mind Marcus taking the map and the stone but when he saw him heading down the stairs he jumped up, still pulling on one of his boots.

"Hey mate, be careful! If this place was the type of place we could just walk into Leandra would have done it herself," James said as he rushed over and got in front of Marcus on the stairs, "Watch," James took one of his daggers and lightly tossed it about 5 steps down. When it landed on the steps a curtain of fire shot down from the ceiling engulfing the step. When the fire subsided James walked down and picked his dagger up tossing it between his hands as it cooled down.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:23 am

"Alright then." Marcus said, watching the fire slowly subside. "Thanks for that, that'll make things interesting, although, I think this might work though." He held out a hand and focused himself, cold air began to fill the stair well and then it quickly spun, a layer of ice building up on the stairs. "Hopefully, that will keep us from getting burnt to a crisp." Marcus said, putting a hand on the wall and starting to carefully go down the steps. "It's a bit slippery..." He said, trying to focus on not falling down the stairs.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 pm

James gave Marcus an odd look and then shook his head. "We could have just thrown some pebbles mate," he said with a shrug as he began going down the stairs. He smiled when he felt how slick they were and decided to have a bit of fun. He let him self slide, his feet skipping from step to step, using the wall for balance when he needed to.

When James reached the bottom he looked up to where Marcus was still carefully working his way down. "Well, I'll admit it, that was certainly more fun than tossing rocks," he said with a smile.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next