The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
The Hunt {Open} I_vote_lcapThe Hunt {Open} I_voting_barThe Hunt {Open} I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
The Hunt {Open} I_vote_lcapThe Hunt {Open} I_voting_barThe Hunt {Open} I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

The Hunt {Open}

2 posters

Go down

The Hunt {Open} Empty The Hunt {Open}

Post by Mari Bryn Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:21 am

Mari knelt, head bowed. Dust motes floated in the colored light streaming through the windows, the murmurs of the few priests and priestesses left in the temple surrounded her and soothed her with the familiar rise and fall. "Gods guide me," she whispered rising to her feet and turning to the door.

"May they protect you as well my child," Eko said walking up to her from a side alter and placing a hand on her shoulder. "I hear the Governor is cracking down on poachers, are you sure you want to do this?"

"I'm sure Father, no one comes here with offerings anymore, we have no patrons. How else are we to feed ourselves and all the poor who come to us for aid?" Mari said placing her hand on his arm, "I will come back to you, I promise."

The old man smiled and embraced her whispering in her ear, "The gods blessed us all when you came to our temple. You give us hope and light. Lux aeterna ad vos parvulus."

"Lux aeterna ad vos," Mari said smiling and pulling away. "I should be back by tomorrow evening, or the morning at at the latest," she said turning to the door and picking up her bow and bag, "Take care!" With a wave she left the quite sanctuary of the temple and stepped into the bustle of the city heading towards the small woods outside Lanatha.

Last edited by Mari Bryn on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2075
Usertitle : Public Relations Director
Moderation Color: Lavender
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

The Hunt {Open} Empty Re: The Hunt {Open}

Post by Mari Bryn Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Mari made it to the city gate and ducked her head as she passed the guards, blending in with a group of farmers heading out to the fields. She split from the farmers a ways down the road and followed a narrow footpath into the woods. She crept quietly through woods breathing in the smell of the earth and leaves, bathing in the light filtering through the trees.

After a while Mari made it to her favorite clearing and climbed an oak tree settling in between the branches and stringing her bow. She leaned back waiting for whatever prey would come her way. Mari knew it could be a long wait but she loved the solitude.

It had been over an hour without anything coming by when Mari heard people talking loudly and crashing through the undergrowth. She froze, as three men came bursting into the clearing across from her. The men were arguing, "We're lost I tell ya, yer both a bunch of sodding idiots and I'm stayin here while you two scout around to find us a way out of here." The tallest man said sitting down against the tree. The other two grumbled but set off in different directions one passing right under Mari's tree. The tall man put his arms behind his head and leaned back, looking right at Mari. "What's this," he said scrambling up. "Ey you two get back here, I found something," he yelled approaching the tree.

Mari swiftly drew her bow aiming at the tall man as the other two ran back into the clearing. "I wouldn't do that sweetheart," he said drawing a gun. "I'm the best shot you'll ever meet, now why don't you just climb on down and we can have a little chat."

Mari lowered her bow and began climbing down but several feet off the ground she leaped down drawing an arrow and shooting the tall man in the leg, he cursed as she took off running. "Wrong move girly," he said taking aim and firing. Mari felt a fiery pain in her shoulder as she hit the ground and the world went dark.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Mari woke slowly, her shoulder burned and as she tried to move she realized she was tied to a tree. She looked around, It was evening and it looked like the three men were trying to light a fire. She struggled against the ropes but they were expertly tied. "Shit," she muttered to herself.

"So, whada we do with tha elf lady boss?" One of the thugs asked as he dropped some limbs near where they were building a fire.

"Well ya idjit, I figure, we use her. She can either join us, or wish she had," the tall man said laughing. "Now get that bloody fire goin before it gets night, I want dinner in an hour."

Mari leaned her head back against the tree and closed her eyes, "Gods please help me," she whispered.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Jonathon was just walking through the woods. He found the trio of men harassing Mari by chance. Thankfully, he wasn't spotted. He hid behind a tree and glanced out, figuring out the situation. "Three bandits? I can handle this." He muttered to himself, pilling out his revolver and checking the chamber. All six shots were loaded. "Ok then. Here goes." He said, stepping out from behind the tree and leveling the gun. He aimed for the tall one. "Don't miss this Jonathon..." He said almost silently to himself. He then fired at the tall man that seemed to be leading the trio of bandits.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:43 am

Mari heard the gunshot but didn't see the shooter. The tall man fell to his knees clutching his chest up near his shoulder. "Bloody, hell," he exclaimed through clenched teeth, "find whatever bastards out there and bring me 'is head," he yelled as the other two men drew their weapons. "Blasted forest," the tall man growled as he looked down at his wound, before collapsing on the ground.

Mari began struggling against her bonds moving her arm trying to reach the dagger strapped to her wrist. She was able to touch it with her fingers but not draw it out, "come on", she muttered straining. Her shoulder was starting to burn worse with her movements but Mari knew, that whoever had shot the tall man and whatever their intentions maybe, this was her chance to get free.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:45 am

In the chaos caused by his assassination of the leader of the trio of thugs, Jonathon had moved around to behind the tree that Mari was tied too. "Stop struggling. I'll cut you free." He said to her. He drew his sword and sliced the ropes, freeing her from the tree. "Ok then. What to do with these two?" He said, walking out from behind the tree, sword in one hand, revolver rasied in the other, slowing going between both of the other two men.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:49 am

"Stop struggling. I'll cut you free," a man said behind Mari, she felt the ropes fall away and she climbed to her feet quickly. "Ok then. What do we do with these two?" he asked aiming a revolver at the two left standing.

The other two men were standing near their downed leader looking at the newcomer scared. Mari walked over to where her bow was and picked it up, aiming at the men but not pulling it back. "You two drop your weapons, and sit down," Mari said angrily. The men complied quickly. Mari looked around and spotted their packs. She went over and rummaged through them. She pulled out some rope and straightened up smiling.

"How about we tie them up and let the government deal with them, we'll need to hurry though, patrols will be by in an hour or so," Mari said looking at the sun. "By the way, I'm Mari, thanks for helping out."
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:23 am

Jonathon nodded. "Sounds like a plan. Names Jonathon by the way." He said, taking the rope and tying the two thugs up in such a way that moving would cause pain. "Well, now that they're handled. It seems my work here is done. Saved the damsal, stopped the thugs. Yeah, I say that's a good days work." He tucked his revolver back into the holster, nodded to Mari, and began to walk away.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:51 pm

"You know the way out? They're cracking down hard on poachers these days, and they tend to shot first and ask questions later." Mari said examining the leader making sure he was dead.

"If you'd like, I can lead you out, and if you don't have a place to stay tonight I know a place that could help. I owe you one, it's the least I could do." Mari said giving the dead leader one last kick.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 pm

"That'd be nice." Jonathon said, stopping and turning on his feet. Jonathon walked over to the two men. "Now, you two. Her and I were not here. You got into a fight with another group of poachers and lost. Understand?" Jonathon said, the man he was facing spit at him. "Give me an answer." The man just cursed. "Sorry, wrong answer." Jonathon said, pulling out his revolver and shooting the man's leg. "Lead the way Mari. That shot should give who ever else is out here a good idea where to look." He said, holstering his gun once more.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:00 am

Mari led the way through the forest, pausing every so often to listen for patrols. "You have to be careful in this forest, it use to belong to the people but recently the government decided that hunting isn't good for the common man. They don't want citizens armed, but for some there's no other way to get food other than hunting. The temple where I live has a garden but it doesn't produce enough to feed all the poor who come for aid so I come out here," Mari said talking quietly.

Suddenly She held up her hand for a halt, she motioned towards a large deer between the trees ahead, "If you kill him in one shot, we'll eat well tonight, I can't shoot in this condition, and we'll have to hurry out of here once he's down," Mari whispered smiling at Jonathon.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Jonathon looked at the deer and nodded. He carefully drew the pistol and gripped it tight. He levelled the gun, aiming to hit the deer somewhere in the head area. He figured there was less meat being wasted, and lot's of things that would cause death, if he hit the head. He steadied himself once more and then pulled the trigger.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down