The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) I_vote_lcapSiren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) I_voting_barSiren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) I_vote_lcapSiren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) I_voting_barSiren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) Empty Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open)

Post by Twitch Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:00 pm

The Siren's Rest is one of the oldest taverns in Havenhome, and is a favorite of locals. Upon entering, the scent of cooking meat and incense greet you, along with the trickle of a natural spring that flows from an ornate hole in the left wall farther inside the room. Enchanted lanterns hang from support beams, soft glow enough to clearly see by. Planks of wood are hammered in a slapdash manner over what once were windows in the front of the tavern, but after too many bar fights were left as a less fragile alternative.The tavern holds ten tables with varying numbers of well-worn, comfortable chairs. A thin strip of colored stained glass, cloudy from years of smoke and wear, lets a bit of natural light into the room near the ceiling. Dark wood beams frame the stonework walls. On the far side of the room below a thatched awning is a bar with several chairs in front of it.

A human barkeep leans on the counter, waiting for the flood of thrill-seekers to descend upon the tavern. She loves listening to stories from her patrons, and may even award a free meal or drink to those who spin a yarn amusing or interesting enough.

The Siren's Rest is known as the place for weary adventurers to stop between missions and recuperate. They have a menu rather similar to other taverns of its caliber, including a few craft ales unique to their establishment. Off the beaten path, the Siren's Rest usually allows a break from the rush of the city.
Twitch
Twitch

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2017-04-11

Back to top Go down

Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open) Empty Re: Siren's Rest {Cyth} (Open)

Post by Twitch Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:23 pm

As thunder rumbled in the distance, Cyth looked upward. As if in response to the ominous sound, his zipper eye twinged with pain. He cursed and rubbed it. The damn thing always ached when the weather changed.
A wet nose nudged his right hand and he looked down at the large canine by his side. Cyth raised an eyebrow, watching the dog nose around in a pile of refuse. "You hungry too, Hop?" Hoppalong looked up at him, tail and ears raising with hope. A small smile crossed Cyth's face and he snapped his fingers, summoning Hop back to his side. "C'mon, I know a place."

They wound down alleys in Havenhome until the familiar sight of the Siren's Rest greeted them. Cyth nudged the door open with his shoulder, eye taking a moment to adjust to the dimly lit room. Hoppalong followed, nose sniffing frantically in the air.

Cyth approached the barkeep, checking his pockets. 'The funds from my last dungeon are almost dried up... might as well splurge and go broke with a bang.' He ducked under the awning and said, "Two plates of steak, best cut you've got." After a moment, he added, "And two mugs of ale. Just the cheap stuff." The barkeep nodded and Cyth left to procure a table. Choosing his favorite spot near the spring-fed pool, he sank into a chair, tapping the one to his right as an invitation for Hop. The dog eagerly took him up on the offer.

A little bit of time passed in peace until the barkeep brought out two plates covered in mashed potatoes, steamed carrots, and a large steak. She glanced at the dog sitting in the chair, looked like she was about to object, then shrugged and set the plates down. In the history of the tavern, a well-behaved dog sitting on the chairs was far from the worst thing to happen to them.

Cyth sliced the bone from one of the steaks and pushed the plate toward Hoppalong, "You earned it." The dog shuffled in his seat, tail thumping against the wooden chair.
"Just eat slow enough to taste it, all right?" Cyth said as Hop nearly threw his face into the plate, "That's a good chunk of cash in front of you."

Cyth took a drink from one of the mugs of ale he'd ordered, then pushed the other one to the other side of the table in front of an empty chair. Part of him was curious if anybody would sit down and take it. It'd been a bit before he'd had any company that wasn't furry and three-legged. He sat back and ate, occasionally chiding Hoppalong if the dog started sniffing toward the other mug.
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:42 pm

As Mogken comes to the Sirens Rest he is dripping wet as it has been raining since about halfway to town from the ruins he was exploring. He flings the door open and and shakes his fur getting as dry as he can before entering the tavern. Mogekn heads towards the fireplace to warm himself up and as usual he feels all the eyes that are glaring at him and hears the whispers that mock his stature and the brilliantness of his pom. He cases the drunken patrons of the tavern to see who would be the easiest target to alleviate them of their coin purse. As he is looking around he notices a man sitting with a dog, both of them wolfing down food and there is an empty seat across from them with a full mug of ale. "well now there is a story here" Mogken thought to himself adn floated over to the man and plopped his furry butt in the seat and introduced himself, " Hi, my name is Mogken whats your name and whats with the dog sitting in a chair like its people?"
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:01 pm

Cyth almost didn't notice the door open, but looked up as Hoppalong nudged his arm. A rather tall moogle stood in the doorway the rain dripping from his soggy fur not enough to dim the brilliant pink of the pom on his head. He'd heard of moogles, and even seen one or two from a distance, but never this close.

The furry creature floated toward the table. Hoppalong sat up straight, ears perked as he tracked the moogle's progress. Cyth put a hand on his head, giving a small squeeze. Hoppalong's ears drooped, but he still remained fixated on the moogle.

The moogle introduced himself as Mogken. Cyth gave a small smile at his question. "He's earned that seat, believe me." He sat up, curiosity piqued by his new conversation partner. "Name's Cyth, this is Hop." He nodded toward Mogken's soaking clothes. "So, what brings you here in this weather?"
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:25 pm

" I just finished raiding some ruins to the south and it just started pouring on my way here so i booked it here as fast as i could. So Cyth what brings you to the tavern and does Hop normally eat at the table like he is people?"
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:53 pm

"You're a dungeon delver too, huh?" Cyth asked, single eye looking the moogle over. Now that he saw one up close he thought they looked like they'd be more at home in front of a cozy fire rather than a dungeon. Of course, he'd been surprised before.

A slight frown tugged at the corner of his mouth as Mogken mentioned Hop sitting at the table again. 'Why is he so fixated on it? Is it a problem?'As curious as he was to learn more about moogles, he was more concerned about Hop being treated well. Cyth crossed his arms and put his feet up on an adjacent chair, stating firmly. "Yeah, Hop's family." Hoppalong looked up at the mention of his name, glancing at his owner's plate just in case he could help him dispose of its contents. Cyth raised an eyebrow at him, slid his plate an inch closer to himself, and took a pointed bite of steak.

Mouth still full, he looked back at Mogken. "You found anything good in the ruins around here?"
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:35 am

"I have found plenty of good stuff over the years but i always keep going back for more." Mogken kept staring at Hop curious what his fur felt like and if the dog would allow him to attempt to touch him. Being that Mogken never had a dog growing up due the size difference of moogles and most dogs and also being that his family had a hard enough time feeding themselves for most of his life, he never had experiene with them.
" so like what do you do with Hop and is he a friendly dog or for attacknig?" Mogekn was really hoping it was the former so he could experience what is was like to pet a dog for the first time. Also he was curious how long this one eyed toothpick human was delving dungeons and living to tell the tales.
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:50 am

Cyth nodded at Mogken's words. "There's could always be better stuff down there, right?"

He noticed the moogle's intent gaze locked on Hoppalong. Hop returned the gaze, intrigued by the fluffy thing staring at him. The tip of his tail wagged, and he glanced back at Cyth.

Cyth considered the question, temporarily ignoring his dog's confused gaze. "He can do damage if I need him to, and he's saved my ass a few times." He shrugged, sitting back. "As dogs go, he's pretty laid back, I s'pose. Usually won't attack unless I tell him to."

Hoppalong put a paw on the table with a whine, starting to climb on top of it. Cyth made a disapproving noise in the back of his throat, nudging him back down. "Yes, I see him Hop. New, but not a threat." The dog paused, sitting stiffly. Seeing his owner's relaxed posture, Hop returned to looking at Mogken, stretching his neck forward as his nose sniffed madly to identify the furry critter in front of him.
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:00 am

Mogken was curious about what the dog would do next he had one hand on his dagger just in case but he finally got the gumption up and looks Cyth Street in the eye. " would it be okay if I pet him please?" Mogken looked a bit anxious as he is the question but there was hope that the answer would be yes. Then he asked Cyth" Is there anything good that you've found down in any ruins?" Mogken was starting to get very hungry so he called over the barmaid and asked her for a big bowl of roasted kupo nuts tossed in cheese and a large ale. She looked at him for a second with a bit of strange fascination due to what was just ordered and then she snapped out of it and ran to go check if they even had such food here.
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:32 am

Cyth blinked at the question, unused to being spoken to so politely. Hearing an eager note in Mogken's voice, he nodded, ruffling Hop's ears. "Sure, knock yourself out. He won't mind."

In response to the moogle's second question, Cyth thought for a bit. "Nothing really useful, but some junk that brought a good price." He frowned, brow furrowed. "I did once find a sword that lit itself on fire. That was a fun surprise... nearly burnt my damn eyebrows off. Probably should've fought for a better price on that one." He sighed, longing for a fuller bank account.
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:41 am

At that mogkens heart jumped and he slowly reached around to let himself off the chair. He cautiously reached out and pet the dog on his head and his wings fluttered in happiness as he was petting a dog and it was glorious. But then a thought entered his mind it's nice but my fur is softer than his." Of course this did not make him stop. The after about 10 minutes of petting the bar maid returned with a smile on her face and handed mogken his meal. He immediately stopped petting hop and began to devour the food with such gusto that the barmaid left in a hurry. "So you ever team up with folks when you go in?" Mogken asked checks full of food.
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:26 am

Cyth watched the moogle cautiously approach Hop. The dog sat patiently still, the tip of his tail tapping in confused anticipation. Once contact was made, Hoppalong's ears perked up and a large doggy grin crossed his muzzle. Seeing that all would be well, Cyth relaxed and returned to his meal.

The storm continued outside, rain pattering on the remaining windows above them. Cyth raised his head as the barmaid returned, dropping a plate of food on Mogken's side of the table. His eyebrows jumped as the furry creature leapt onto it with great fervor.

He couldn't help but smirk at the question, especially posed to him through a mouthful of... whatever Mogken was eating. "Nah, not anymore." Cyth said, stretching. "Needless weight to carry, and either they piss me off or vice versa." With a laugh he added. "Usually vice versa." After speaking he paused. 'Though with more people, I could carry more loot out...' Mulling this over, he took a drink. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, he asked, "Anyway, don't think I'd do it again unless I knew the other could carry their weight and I wouldn't have to babysit. You've had better luck with teaming up?"
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:18 am

Mogken chomped down some more food and followed it up by draining half of his mug of ale then wiped his mouth with the napkin the barmaid had brought with his food and answered "oh yeah I have gone in with parties plenty of times. It's good to have a few folks along who can watch your back especially if they can use healing magic."
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:40 am

"Healing magic is nice," Cyth admitted, adding a second later, "It's better to be good enough that you don't need it, though." He left out the fact that he didn't fully consider himself among that group. Even as he sat there, he could still feel the bumps, cuts, and scrapes that he'd earned on his last adventure. Those injuries were made better knowing that, due in part to his own intervention, Hop had only a small cut on his muzzle.

"So, you're the first moogle I've met," Cyth said, "What's it like where you're from?"
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:07 pm

"no one is that good all the time" Mogken replied "also its pretty much the same as here. i grew up just outside the big city and while we were a poor bunch, and i mean poor,we had each other and learned to problem solve, but overall it was a nice time that i don't think would be different from anywhere else" Mogken looked around and then leaned closer to Cyth and asked him one the the questions he was in dire need of answering "why a zipper?"
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:17 am

"Huh," Cyth murmured, trailing off in thought. His body stiffened as the moogle leaned closer and asked another question. That question. He hated it. 'I've really got to get an eyepatch, no matter how stupid it looks on me.'

"Why a zipper?" Cyth gave Mogken a smile edged with steel. "Because buttons were too gaudy."

Hoppalong looked up from licking under his plate, ears half pinned as he noticed the change in his owner's mood. He sat up, shuffling his front paws on the edge of his seat and tapping the tip of his tail.

Cyth glanced at Hop and was about to speak when a twinge of pain from the metal embedded in his face reminded him of its presence. He winced, but didn't rub it. Wouldn't do any good anyway, he'd have to wait until the weather cleared up for it to return to normal.
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Mogken laughed at the answer and said "fair enough, so are you searching for anything special when you delve or just grab anything you can?" Mogken was curious to see what kind of adventures this bean pole had survived as he was fairly certain now that the dog was really the muscle behind this duo.
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:16 pm

"I try to grab stuff that looks pricey, I guess," Cyth said, "Weapons, jewelry, that sort of stuff. Magic things are the best, selling those will feed me and the mutt for awhile."

He paused, noticing Hoppalong's hungry stare. Cyth glanced down at his plate. He'd eaten as much as his body would allow, and there was still a bit of everything left. With a sigh, he pushed his plate towards Hop. The dog fell upon the leftovers, snout jabbing into the plate and making it clink softly on the table.

"What about you?" Cyth asked Mogken. "Do you go in with a list or grab and dash?"
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Zion walked into the bar, only a few steps, at least he thought, ahead of his lackadaisical companion Solomon. As always there was a wry grin on his face and some amount of arrogance in his stride. He knew he was awesome. Male Viera were rare, as most of them were kept secluded from the rest of the world, but occasional runaways do happen, and this particular Viera knew exactly how to cash in on his exotic appearance. Sitting at a table, he moved all other chairs, save for one, somewhere else. Relatively quickly a barmaid approached him trying to take his order. She may have been rather plain looking, but, after several weeks in the wilderness with nothing but Solomon and a Carbuncle for business, anything would do. He smiled at her, when he spoke, his voice came out heavily accented, as most Viera do, "I did not expect to discover a rose amidst all these thorns." The barmaid turned red in an instant and was very quickly putty in his hands. It was obvious to everyone where this interaction would eventually have led to, had it not been for the timely intervention of the bartender, who had approached up behind the woman, "I don't care if you go all goo goo eyes over this rabbit, but you won't do it while you are on the clock. Get back behind the bar and take care of the others." Turning, with a scowl on his face to Zion, "Are you actually going to order anything, or are you going to continue to get in the way of my staff?" Knowing he would have his chance later, he ordered some kind of bird, not really particular, and a glass of ale, which he paid for in advance. That seemed to de-ruffle the bartenders feathers a little bit. Staring at the door, Zion would mutter, his voice still heavily accented, as that was how his voice was always, "I swear to the gods themselves, if he got lost going in a straight line I'm just going to leave him there..."
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 62
Usertitle : The Grand Vizier of Moderation
Moderation Color: Teal
Registration date : 2017-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:09 pm

Mogken just kind of shrugged and responded with "I'd it looks valuable it's mine unless I am in there for a specific reason." Mogken glanced around and noticed the Viera a few tables over and is certain that he is mistaken because he has never seen a male. "Hey Cyth check that out over there." He nudges his head towards the rare or mistaken identity at the other table.
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:34 pm

"Dammit... Where in the hells did he go?", Solomon growled under his breath. The villagers along the road stared and moved out of his way, which filled him with a mix of pride and disdain. They may just have easily have been moving to get out of the rain, but Solomon wanted to believe the former. Zion had always moved quickly, so Solomon typically left it at that, resigning himself to catching up when he could. "Most likely flinging around that accent at some girl..." he thought to himself, although the more he thought about it, it had been a while since he'd been in the company of a woman. His near permanent scowl and mumbling couldn't compete with his friend's smooth way of speaking, but he had his own means. The rain had slicked his wild hair down somewhat, and his white shirt was now clinging to his body. He was confident he'd not be sleeping alone tonight, and smirk/smiled to himself. He spotted what could only be the Siren's Rest, the bar Zion had been so interested in visiting, sure that's where he would meet his friend.

Upon walking through the door, Solomon was surprised, expecting to see more people. He spotted a few interesting characters, and a flustered barmaid taking patrons' orders, but staring across the room. He laughed out loud, knowing Zion had already charmed the girl, and shook some of the rain out of his hair, which once again returned it to it's normal wild look. He walked across the bar to where Zion was sitting and sat down in the chair left open at the table. "Hope you weren't saving this for someone cuter?", he said in his normal mildly gravelly voice with a small laugh and smirk. His expression quickly changed upon looking across the bar though, as he noticed a large moogle sitting at one of the tables.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:02 am

Cyth glanced over the edge of his mug as the door opened. A tall man with rabbit ears stood there. Eyebrows raised, Cyth's eye tracked his progress to a table. 'One of the Viera?' He hadn't had much dealing with their kind, but had only seen females up until now. A frown tugged at his lips as he studied the newcomer; something about how he carried himself instinctively pissed Cyth off, the feeling deepening as he observed the barmaid's reaction. 'Cocky son of a bitch, isn't he?' Hypocritical? Yes, but Cyth was never one much for introspection.  He crossed his arms and put his feet up on an adjacent chair with a sigh, leaning back to relax a bit.

Cyth's attention jerked back to the table as Mogken spoke. Cyth set the mug down, scratching Hop's head. He didn't directly respond to the moogle's question, but gave a small nod. A little while later, the door opened again to reveal a Gria. Once again, Cyth's attention was locked on the newcomer. The horned-man sat at the same table as the Viera, seemingly friendly with him. Cyth didn't look away when the Gria raised his gaze toward their table, but rather raised his mug to take another drink, dipping it briefly toward him in acknowledgement.
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:02 am

Zion laughed when he saw his erstwhile companion enter the bar, "Well look what the Carbuncle dragged in?" Upon the Gria sitting down, "I mean, I know I would have rather been saving it for someone cuter, maybe your sister?" Letting out another chuckle, "Order whatever you want, I'm paying tonight. I've gotta pay you back for that diner in Kalm."

Noticing his friends eyes being focused somewhere else, he turned, expecting to see some attractive dame, instead, it was a moogle.... I pants. Rubbing his eyes, just to make sure he wasn't seeing things. Muttering under his breath, to where, hopefully, only Solomon could hear, "That is the biggest damn moogle I have ever seen..."
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 62
Usertitle : The Grand Vizier of Moderation
Moderation Color: Teal
Registration date : 2017-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Was this moogle an Eidolon? Solomon had heard a from an old tale of the King of the Moogles. He was said to have been very powerful, driving predators and enemies from moogle lands, and unifying the normally tricksy race. He was said to be the largest of the moogles, but was most likely a myth among even them. This was by far the largest one he'd ever seen, but would a King of the Moogles be in a bar? Noting the moogle's companion motion to them, Solomon rose from his seat and approached their table. "Hello. Solomon Maddox.", he greeted, holding out his hand for whoever would greet him in return. His gaze lingered on the moogle, and as he got a closer look, thought maybe this might just be a large one. He tried to be polite and shift to the human companion, and found in him, even more bizarre features. That eye... is a zipper? What kind of strange bar have we walked into?
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriel Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Mogken stood up on the chair and shook the strangers hand in a vigorous fashion "Hi there, the name is Mogken please to meet you Solomon, so what brings you to this neck of the woods and does your buddy over there have a name or does he the voyeur type since all he is doing is watching?" Mogken finished shaking the new strangers hand and then waved to the veria and shouted "hi there care to join us?, i wont bite that hard." as Mogken was waving all he could think was man sure are a lot of firsts tonight, its gonna be interesting.
Uriel
Uriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next