The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
Atnem Mackey: A History I_vote_lcapAtnem Mackey: A History I_voting_barAtnem Mackey: A History I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
Atnem Mackey: A History I_vote_lcapAtnem Mackey: A History I_voting_barAtnem Mackey: A History I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Atnem Mackey: A History

Go down

Atnem Mackey: A History Empty Atnem Mackey: A History

Post by Atnem Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:55 pm

The character Atnem began several years ago in my old MMORPG, Dark Age of Camelot. My first character was a Furbolg Druid named Grenouille Pouvoir. In hindsight, I probably sucked reeeeaaally bad at that game, but I made a lot of friends, and they were fun to play with, so I felt like I was pretty good.
One of my alternate characters was a Lurikeen Nightshade named Atnem. This was the first form of what would later become my main gamer tag. Atnem was a short little guy who loved sneaking up on things to stab them. Such a rush, sneaking into a castle and finding the perfect target amidst a group of bad guys. Then striking and hoping you could take them out before their buddies got to you.
My guild all but died, so I moved with a group of other people to a new server and a new "realm". I made an Archer and named him Atnem Mackey. He leveled up much more quickly than Grenouille had (a matter of months, as opposed to a year or two), and I grew attached to the Archer class. I even wrote an (incomplete) story about the adventures of Atnem Mackey.
I wish that game could be as fun as it used to, but everybody I know has moved on.

I used Atnem's name, at first, because it was a lot shorter than Grenouille's, and because I wanted to retire the old Druid, out of respect, I suppose.
Atnem followed me through several games, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Puzzle Pirates. He was always an archer, when he could be, preferring to strike from a distance, instead of getting chopped up. I guess he's kind of a weenie.

Fast forward to FFR. I didn't know what I wanted him to be, other than an archer, of course. I wanted an impressive back-story. Not your normal "QQ my mommy and daddy were killed by yetis and I was raised by ants so now I have their abilities" kind of thing. I remembered all of the worlds he had been a part of, and I couldn't just leave all of his past experiences behind. I needed a way to explain how he had been to so many different places and times. I decided to make him a time traveler. It would have to be against his own will that he was taken from the lands he loved, and put into a new one, with new people and new quests. So, he lives his lifes as well as he can, before he's ripped from them, and thrown into a new one. He has been thrown here, to FFR. He hopes to find the cause of his unfortunate ability to travel through time before he is uprooted again.
Atnem
Atnem
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1088
Usertitle : Some Guy

Registration date : 2010-01-22

https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Atnem-11428

Back to top Go down