The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
Atnem Mackey: Behind the Scenes I_vote_lcapAtnem Mackey: Behind the Scenes I_voting_barAtnem Mackey: Behind the Scenes I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
Atnem Mackey: Behind the Scenes I_vote_lcapAtnem Mackey: Behind the Scenes I_voting_barAtnem Mackey: Behind the Scenes I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Atnem Mackey: Behind the Scenes

3 posters

Go down

Atnem Mackey: Behind the Scenes Empty Atnem Mackey: Behind the Scenes

Post by Atnem Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm trying to get a few of my own RP stories running. Having several going at a time might be kind of confusing, though. Here I'll post some behind the scenes information to help myself remember where I'm wanting to go, and to give everyone else a sneak peek into my thought process.

Into the Deep
Atnem, Rieka, and Lavitz have descended into the ocean and found a village of mermaid-like beings. I haven't actually decided what I want Atnem to eventually find down there. Hopefully it'll help the guy out a little.

Fame and Fortune! / The Siege
I want The Siege to be truly epic. Fame and Fortune! is just the sign-up page for The Siege. I'm not gonna start the story until I've got several people with me. We're gonna storm a castle of thugs, meet up with my supporting character Maggie, beat the hell outta the place, take their loot and collect a big fat bounty. Of course there'll be a name for the group of thugs, and there'll be a reason to beat them up. I don't just tear down peoples' castles for kicks. But it is gonna be a load of fun. I'm gonna try to include some new concepts in the story. Like maybe some pictures describing the layout of the castle or something. I'm excited to get it running.

A Time Traveler's Tale Atnem's journal
This is pretty fun too. I don't have anything planned out for this. I just add stuff as it happens. If something interesting happens in one of the RPs, I'll write it into Atnem's journal and try to work it into his plot. It's been really great for character development already, and it helps me give Atnem an ultimate goal with a path to it. He travels through time, sometimes on purpose, sometimes at random. But each time he travels, he makes irrepairable damage to the world and he becomes a little more corrupted by the power. I hope he gets it under control.
Atnem
Atnem
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1088
Usertitle : Some Guy

Registration date : 2010-01-22

https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Atnem-11428

Back to top Go down

Atnem Mackey: Behind the Scenes Empty Re: Atnem Mackey: Behind the Scenes

Post by Atnem Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:09 pm

The Siege
Woohoo! I think every active RPer signed up for this one. I'm pumped. I just need to set it up some more. Probably have it starting sometime this week. I hope it goes well.

The First Engineer
I created the new Engineer class and had to have one as my supporting role. I would encourage others to give Engineers a shot. Maggie's so much fun to play. I guess I have a little more freedom with her than with Atnem though. She's less restricted in her abilities as a supporting character and the first Engineer in the universe. That will be explained a little more as this thread develops.
Atnem
Atnem
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Atnem Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Time travel can get really messy sometimes. I try to keep my various RP threads in the correct order while still hinting that Atnem's traveled from some other time, but I might make mistakes. So, to help keep myself in order, here's a timeline of the threads Atnem's in, in chronological order. Maybe sometime I'll determine the order in which he has visited the threads, but not right now.
This list will probably change as I participate in more RP threads.

The War Begins -> Of Guardians Past -> Into The Deep -> The First Engineer -> The Siege
A Time Traveler's Tale spans across all of these, and probably jumps around quite a bit. Really nothing I can do about that. I like to just type whatever comes to my mind most of the time. Sometimes the Journal is based on the RP threads, sometimes it's the other way around.
The Siege, though, is all planned out in my head. At least, most of it is. I still might come up with better ideas and have to rewrite it all. Oh well. Gonna be fun.

Last edited by Atnem on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atnem
Atnem
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Atnem Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:14 pm

I had no reason for Maggie to be so reluctant to perform surgery on Strom in The Siege, but I really wanted to make sure everyone knows that he isn't a nice guy. Also, I kinda rushed that post in my excitement to get the thread started. That's alright. It's not like anyone will be scrutinizing my story writing abilities.

I've already begun preparing another epic storyline, but I'll keep it a secret (mostly) until The Siege is done, probably. I think it'll be pretty cool.

PS - You can reply to this thread, if you want. I don't know if anyone even reads it, haha.
Atnem
Atnem
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:18 pm

I read it...I like making you think you're talking to yourself though.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2075
Usertitle : Public Relations Director
Moderation Color: Lavender
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Atnem Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:24 pm

Someone's paying attention to me! Yay!
Atnem
Atnem
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Juss Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:32 am

Well, I'm reading this as well Very Happy
Juss
Juss
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1368
Usertitle : The Grand Archmage of Guild of Mages!
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Atnem Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Sorry for my recent absence. Things have been weird. I'll try to be back and posting regularly tomorrow.
Atnem
Atnem
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Juss Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51 pm

It's all good Smile

To be honest, I'm really busy myself atm. Got school + 6 hours of Jazz Band rehearsals every day ... Very Happy
Juss
Juss
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1368
Usertitle : The Grand Archmage of Guild of Mages!
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Atnem Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Well shoot, it's been a long time. I'm really sorry I haven't been around. I'm planning on being back very soon, for real this time. I can't stay away for too long. I love these characters too much to leave them without some kind of closure.
Atnem
Atnem
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content