The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
The Junction System I_vote_lcapThe Junction System I_voting_barThe Junction System I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
The Junction System I_vote_lcapThe Junction System I_voting_barThe Junction System I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

The Junction System

3 posters

Go down

The Junction System Empty The Junction System

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:03 am

What did you think of the junction system? I liked it it was a nice thing, however; drawing 100 magics repeatedly and excessivley from monsters soon became dull, although it was a good system to get good stats early, for example I found that 100 Curagas junctioned to HP will increase it dramatically (for a level 10 character at least), so if you get Life-M refine from Siren and save up your money at the beginning of the game when you get your first SeeD mission with Squall, Zell and Selphie if you buy tents you can refine them for curagas. Gasp
Anyway I digress >_>
It was a good system but it had it's slight flaws really; but it wasn't without it's good parts either.
So, what are your views on the junction system? Did you think it was a good idea and find that drawing the magics repeatedly was worth it? Or this is the reason that you never want to play this game at all/again?

Back to top Go down

The Junction System Empty Re: The Junction System

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:41 pm

I really enjoyed the junction system. I thought it was a great idea to have all the magic you need at your disposal. As long as you found the right monster to draw it from. I also liked and disliked that fact that if you had 100 of a good spell you could junction it to any stat, but if you wanted to use said spell it would make your stats go down. Other than that I really enjoyed the system, it would be a cool thing to see an updated version of this in another RPG.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Adelbert Steiner wrote:I really enjoyed the junction system. I thought it was a great idea to have all the magic you need at your disposal. As long as you found the right monster to draw it from. I also liked and disliked that fact that if you had 100 of a good spell you could junction it to any stat, but if you wanted to use said spell it would make your stats go down. Other than that I really enjoyed the system, it would be a cool thing to see an updated version of this in another RPG.
I completely agree with you Steiner. They Jucntion system had a few flaws, like the magic juction, using it causes your stats to dwindle. But the system and the thought behind it was great. And your right, it would be so cool to see an updated version of it. VIII was so unique in everything, the GF's, the Junction system, even the graphics themeselves. I doubt they could of done it better then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Lord Kuja wrote:
Adelbert Steiner wrote:I really enjoyed the junction system. I thought it was a great idea to have all the magic you need at your disposal. As long as you found the right monster to draw it from. I also liked and disliked that fact that if you had 100 of a good spell you could junction it to any stat, but if you wanted to use said spell it would make your stats go down. Other than that I really enjoyed the system, it would be a cool thing to see an updated version of this in another RPG.
I completely agree with you Steiner. They Jucntion system had a few flaws, like the magic juction, using it causes your stats to dwindle. But the system and the thought behind it was great. And your right, it would be so cool to see an updated version of it. VIII was so unique in everything, the GF's, the Junction system, even the graphics themeselves. I doubt they could of done it better then.

I totally agree with you. Wacky Sometimes I wish they would just remakes games just to please us. But of course it needs to make them money or no dice, I hate that sometimes. Anyway its an awesome system that they need to imply in more games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Jack Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:18 am

I love the Junction System. though it was kinda hard to get some of the spells (unless you had a draw point map muhahahahha) You Could make your characters very very powerful. Really didnt like the whole bonding thing you had to do with the GFs but ya all in all pretty good.
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3326
Usertitle : The One and only

Moderation Color: Crimson
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.ffreverie.forumotionnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirma Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 am

Junction system was pretty awesome. Sure, drawing magic could be a pain, especially in boss battles, but once you had stuff junctioned you kicked ass. The Junction System also gave more meaning to summons - they gave you different abilities etc, they were more then just attacking machines.
Shirma
Shirma

Number of posts : 63
Usertitle : Ohai
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Harin Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:57 pm

I thought that the junction system was confusing at first, but after you get used to it it's pretty good.
Harin
Harin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2324
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down