The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
RP System updates. I_vote_lcapRP System updates. I_voting_barRP System updates. I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
RP System updates. I_vote_lcapRP System updates. I_voting_barRP System updates. I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

RP System updates.

Go down

RP System updates. Empty RP System updates.

Post by Captain Jack Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:34 pm

Well ive got good news and then ive got bad news. But the bad news may be inheritantly good news. Well enough theorizing about whether news is good or bad. The bad news is you all should make a new profile. The good news is you have alot more options than what your used to. Shall i Start explaining the changes to the system?

Why I chose to change the system.

Well to be honest things became to complex. Staff were having to spend literally hours supporting a system that should of been automated and fluid. The changes i made were to alleviate that stress on the staff and make it easier for the posters and members to access the system.

Another thing was Creativity was extremely limited. In my quest to alleviate Power playing and god modding (I shall explain the difference later), making a system that was fair to all i failed to realize that with more rules comes more constrictions on the imagination so that simply would not do! NOT DO AT ALL!

The worlds we create are immersive and vast, In someways these characters come alive and we go on many adventures with these characters. They become part of us, and we a part of them.

Things I got rid of.
Well Alot, and to make things simpler im just going to hit on a few points. but will list all that i purged from the system.

Leveling:Too complex and to cumbersome.

Class based weaponry: Weapons are now personalized.

Stats: What purpose did they really serve?

Accessories: No stats no need for these.

Materia Slots on weaponry: Too Complex

Guilds: That idea just kept failing. No matter what we tried it never became popular.

Job Class Skill Sets: Far to complex, Hard to explain, and without leveling no need for them. Instead Each class has powerful skills unique to them. All classes are relatively balanced. While magic based classes have sets. This is because all they have at their disposal is magic. So it was only fair that they had a FEW extra spells.

What I added
TONS!!!! I think you'll all be happy with me.

*The Foundry: Here you may create your own races, classes, and areas. Though its is suggested if you are creating your character to just fill out the sign up form. It has all you need to create them there.

*New Sign up Form: I added the following:
Race creation form.
Job class creation form.
Skills: you may now customize 3 for your character
Weapons are now customizable or purchasable
Clarified and explained things better on the form.

*Weapons now yield a description of the weapon and its additional abilities (IE: stun ect.)

*Materia Belt: This field is now available in your profiles. This simplifies the materia slot system. You start with 10 slots. Any additional slots must be purchased from the store.

Notes On Powerplaying and God modding.

Power playing is making your character niegh untouchable. These characters make it hard to play with for others because it constricts the amount of options when RPing against these characters. Your character can still be powerful. We all like power, we just prefer you do it in the following manner:

Example:
Instead of this: Jack thrust his sword deeply into atnems arm.

Post this: Jack moved swiftly as he approached his enemy, He moved to strike Atnem in the arm, He knew he would not miss.

This allows Atnem to react to your post. not only Does it sound better it makes the story more immersive and interesting.

Godmodding is the controlling of others characters, and is only allowable when permission from the owner of the character is given.

~ Hopefully you enjoy our new system. Im already hearing positive things from several members.

Until next time.

Jack
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3326
Usertitle : The One and only

Moderation Color: Crimson
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.ffreverie.forumotionnet

Back to top Go down

RP System updates. Empty Re: RP System updates.

Post by Captain Jack Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Secondary Character Patch notes.

It came to my attention that Secondaries Serve a great purpose in moving the story line forward, Until now. none have been in battles very much, they've just been side characters. that just add dialog. But i got to thinking these characters often more than not follow our main characters along for the wild rides we take them on. But in battles do they jsut simply sit around playing poker while others fight?

Thats why i created basic classes for them. So they can actually serve a purpose in battle too.

Classes of the secondary Characters: either Healer, Fighter, Strategist, or Black Mage

Healer: Can heal in battle and cast most basic buffing spells, like shell, protect, haste

Fighters: More like another sword arm. May also use bow type attacks.

Strategist: Are The buffers, Can use spells like stop, slow, haste, poison, ect.

Black Mage: Basic mages, Can cast fira, blizzaga, thundara, other basic elemental spells.
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Jack Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Individual Skills section Edited for further clarification

You may create three Skills unique to your character. in addition to having all 5 of your class skills.
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down