The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
Rescue Mission I_vote_lcapRescue Mission I_voting_barRescue Mission I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Rescue Mission

3 posters

Go down

Rescue Mission Empty Rescue Mission

Post by Mari Bryn Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:58 pm

The children of a prominent merchant have been kidnapped while the family was traveling the trade routes. They were believed to be taken by Roth Devlin a notorious bandit in the west. The merchant says he will pay handsomely for the safe return of his Son and Daughter. The merchants guild will reward you for the Head of Devlin.

Roth Devlin has a many fighters under his command. He knows the territory, and may have lain traps around his hide out.

The safety of the children is paramount, be careful.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2075
Usertitle : Public Relations Director
Moderation Color: Lavender
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Rescue Mission Empty Re: Rescue Mission

Post by Juss Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:16 pm

" Haha ... sounds like a perfect job for me." Ryoko shouted out loud in the trappers room. He scrabbled something on the notice and left the monastery.

The text said: Meet me at Westport 2 days from now, exactly at 10 o'clock pm in Big Gary's pub.

Ryoko himself reached westport the following day, to scout the area.
Juss
Juss
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1368
Usertitle : The Grand Archmage of Guild of Mages!
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Juss Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Kuroshiro had reached the area more than 12 hours ago and during that time, he had realised that this won't be a piece of cake. The surrounding fields of Westport were filled with patrols of Roth Devlin, the forests filled with beasts and traps. But not only that, Ryoko had scouted enough to find a camp in front of a cave. The camp was extremely heavily guarded. It made all sense that the cave would be the base of Roth Devlin.
All of that information was crucial and that's why Ryoko was waiting at the before mentioned location, Big Gary's pub for James. But his fellow guildmember didn't show up on time.

" Hmm .. I can't waste a moment .. "Thought the old assassin while writing a magical letter. A letter that would only reveal it's content to his fellow guild members. In the letter, he described the way to the enemies base. Ryoko took the letter and gave it to the barkeeper, an old friend of his.

" Soon a young lad called James should arrive. Make sure he gets this letter." Spoke Kuroshiro. Shortly after he left the pub, towards the fields that lead to the forest.
It was dark enough to sneak by the guards to the forest. It was a thick, creepy forest. Almost no light made its way to the surface. And for an assassin like Ryoko, the darkness was a huge advantage.

" Hey you there, get working. Or do you want me to tell Roth that you are skipping work? " Shouted a voice somewhere near Ryoko.

" Yes sir ... I'm sorry sorry." Answered another voice. But as long as there was no direct threat, Ryoko ignored the voices. And then, he fell.

"SHIT..." Shouted Ryoko in his mind when he realised he had stumbled upon a paralyse trap. He couldn't move a single part of his body and the enemy's where near.

" ... James ... hurry up."
Juss
Juss
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:19 pm

"I'm really not good with directions," James said to himself as he stumbled through the forest, "at least I haven't encountered any bears," he said with a laugh, suddenly he froze as he saw someone standing in the forest in front of him. His mind started racing, "Maybe they have't seen me, maybe it's just a log, maybe they'll think I'm a log!" As his eyes adjusted to the figure though he thought he noticed something familiar. "That log man...is missing an arm," he said with a smile. He quietly crept up to the figure and smiled at it. "Hey sorry I'm late, I kinda got lost, so need a hand?" He asked crouching down to disarm the trap.
Adrian
Adrian

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Juss Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:34 pm

" If you don't stop your funny comments, I will cut your arm off!" barked Ryoko. Although, the moment the trap was disarmed and Ryoko was able to move his body again, he smiled to his comrade.

" You were late, I got stuck ... I guess we are even now." Told Ryoko quietly while letting his gaze wonder around the surroundings.

" The trap wasn't here this morning ... which means they might have tightened the security ... " The moment Ryoko finished his sentence, a lot of voices appeared somewhere near them.

" I don't understand ... why would Roth want to increase the defense of his camp and dungeon even further ... like there's anything that could penetrate the existing security system." Shouted one angry voice.

" My vacation just started and now I'm back to work ... that's stupid." Told another one. Meanwhile, Ryoko leaned next to a tree, closer to the enemies to hear more.

" The lord is worried about the waterfall entrance ... He thinks that the beasts alone won't be enough to stop him." Said a third voice, obviously belonging to someone more important.

" Who's that Kuroshiro guy anyway?" Asked another man. But the answer was too silent to hear. And soon, the voices turned into quiet mumble far far away.

" Seems as someone recognised me in the pub ... " Muttered the old assassin with annoyed tone. He moved next to James and looked at him.

" I did see a waterfall about two miles to North West ... but the area was filled with beasts and I didn't dare to get too close ... so I never noticed a backdoor ... But I guess that would be the best bet. So what do you reckon young lad, going through the camp to the main entrance of the dungeon, or through the beasts to the backdoor? Your call." Said he and sat down, waiting for James answer.
Juss
Juss
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:54 am

"Well, when you activated the trap it probably set off on alarm somewhere, otherwise whats the point when your patrols can't even see it from their routes. The fact that they just happen to walk by so soon after the trap was sprung makes me think of another trap to get you to go towards the waterfall where and ambush could be waiting. I mean those guys were heading that way anyway meaning we'd have to deal with at least that group and the beasts around there. Then again going through the camp is foolish too. Devlin would know we're coming then and he could decide to hurt the kids." James ran his fingers through his hair and grunted in frustration. "There has to be a third option think Johnson think," He began beating his head against a tree. "Disguising myself as a guard and you as a prisoner is stupid, they'd never buy it, so thats out. We could dress you up like a girl, but who'd want a one armed lady."

James began pacing mumbling to himself finally he stopped and spun on his heel to face Ryoko. "How does Devlin get his supplies in? with that many soldiers they'd need to bring in supplies from the city and Westport wouldn't be able to meet all the needs especially with Devlin's taste for delicacies. They'd have to use wagons at least most of the way, but this forest is was to dense, and the waterfall entrance is way impractical. The only way to the main entrance is through the forest, but there has to be a back entrance!" James said as he arrived at the conclusion. "it makes perfect sense Devlin would never camp somewhere with only one way out so there has to be another way in, probably hidden, near a road or common trade route campsite so no one would be suspicious about the supply wagons stopping there. Lightly guarded too I'll bet, no use having a secret entrance if you give out it's location with a gaggle of guards. What do you think?" James said smiling.
Adrian
Adrian

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum