The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
Demons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open} I_vote_lcapDemons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open} I_voting_barDemons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open} I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
Demons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open} I_vote_lcapDemons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open} I_voting_barDemons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open} I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Demons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open}

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Demons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open} Empty Demons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open}

Post by Dusk Aerilius Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Emberfell is a small village consisting of mostly scientists. The village lies outside of the ruins of Windfall, and the researchers who live there study it from a distance. The lands are mostly ruined and uninhabitable, save for demons and other friends of the sort. The village is protected by an invention of the scientists, three large crystal lightposts whose light keeps demons at bay, and also the village mages who have drawn a warding circle around the entire perimeter.

Sabyre had heard of this village, "Researchers living so close to the ruins? hmmph... What ever could they be researching though I wonder. These ruins must hold some kind of power? Oh, but it's reaching nightfall so soon into my travels.", he said, quietly to himself. "Now that I think about it, I am a bit famished." He walked to the edge of the city, and could see the warding lines that ran as far around as he could see. "Hmm... what could they be trying to keep out? Surely not, me? These researcher types are such a mystery.", he thought to himself. As he stepped across the line, he felt a sting around his body, painful but not unbearable. Whoever cast this one is going to die first... A few people on the streets looked at him strangely as he passed, but no one seemed afraid of him. He was almost definitely over-dressed, wearing a long black cape with silver inlay, gray-black formal clothes, thigh-high black heeled leather boots, and long silver earrings. He winked at one of the younger male researchers, a human in his late 20's, thin researcher type only slightly taller than Sabyre, "Good evening, I've only newly arrived to your village here and I was wondering if there was a place one could find something to eat? I'll pay if you join me for the evening?", he added with a seductive smile. The man turned red, unsure of how to answer, "Oh... I think the pub is probably open, if that's what you mean?". Sabyre raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly, "Sounds lovely. And what might your name be?". He started to walk towards the pub, and answered "I'm Baldus, you?" Sabyre thought to himself a moment, "Max, pleased to meet you Baldus."

They reached a small building with a sign that simply read 'Pub'. How eloquent, Sabyre thought silently to himself. The room was mostly empty, with a few patrons eating their meals while reading.

They sat down at a small table and Sabyre was a little surprised to see Baldus had actually sat down with him. "So, you'll join me after all? I'd like to know more about this place, and you." he smiled at Baldus. Over dinner, he told him about the research in the city and the ruins of Windfall. When asked about the ward, he said he was the one who had put it in place. Well... That was easy. "Oh, actually now that you mention it, I noticed a place in the ward when I came into town. If you're the one who put it here you'd know the spell better than anyone."

Sabyre led Baldus out of town to a section of wall, and pointed out a spot in the line. "I don't see anything wrong here. What was it-" Baldus stopped suddenly and slid off of the black blade in his chest. "Well... That was disappointingly simple.", Sabyre quietly said. The line started to fade. Now to take out those crystals.

The crystals were primitive, but effective. There were no people left in the village streets now, so this would be painfully simple. I'm not sure whether to be glad or annoyed. How have these people lasted in this place? Sabyre made quick work of the first crystal. It shattered easily, and he'd make quick work of the remaining two. He could hear the roar of monsters and demons alike. Now... My work here is done. Maybe I'll draw out someone darker than myself this time? That last 'demon lord' was a waste of my time...
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-04-12

Back to top Go down

Demons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open} Empty Re: Demons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open}

Post by Mistdrake Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:28 pm

"My lord, the protections around Emberfell have fallen." A soldier said, kneeling before Garlin who was standing on a hill top, over looking the city. He'd been slowly amassing forces outside of it for a few days now, hoping to gain enough power to break through the crystal's shield, but it seemed someone had done his work for him.

"Excellent." The Dark Knight said, looking out over the force of soldiers and monsters he'd built up. "Give the order to lay siege to the city." He told the soldier who nodded before running off to spread the word to commanders. Garlin raised a hand and motioned towards the city, several demons flew past him and began to attack the city from the sky while the Dark Knight drew his sword and began to lead his army to lay siege to the city.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Demons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open} Empty Re: Demons at Emberfell {Sabyre} {Open}

Post by Mari Bryn Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:29 pm

Emberfell was an unfortunate town in Dydra's opinion. The people were too stuffy, too absorbed in their studies to be much fun. There were a few interesting characters, but after three days she'd gotten all she needed. A few baubles here, some coin there, information aplenty but unfortunately none of it that she really wanted.

Dydra was about to return to the pub to try and pick up a few more coins, or a bed to stay in for the night when she saw a well dressed stranger leaving with one of the researchers. This stranger was obviously not from around here, and he piqued her interest. Stepping careful so as to be silent she followed the two men.

It was a bit shocking when the stranger killed the man effortless and emotionless. It brought a slight smile to Dydra's face. "A man who knows what he wants, and takes it," she muttered to herself as the man began destroying the crystals protecting the city.

This could be fun she thought to herself as she gently tapped one of her foot causing the bells on her ankle to release a small chorus of rings.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2075
Usertitle : Public Relations Director
Moderation Color: Lavender
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:20 pm

"It's dangerous to be out tonight you know, demons on the loose and all?", Sabyre said, turning with a flourish of his cape and a wry smile to the source of the bells. The woman standing in front of him was not what he'd expected to see. He materialized his blade to check his reflection in the moonlight and moved a few stray hairs back in place, and let the sword disappear once more. He moved behind her in a flash and whispered closely to her, "Oh... but you aren't from here either, and I can see the darkness in your heart..." He took a step back and bowed theatrically. "I didn't get a good look at you in that quaint little pub earlier, you see, I had certain... obligations that needed attending. My name is Sabyre Mort 'du Tempest. But now, I must know your name, and whatever could you be doing in a place like this?"
  As they spoke, he could hear the shrill familiar cry of demons. He looked up and could see them flying over the city, more than could be expected so soon after just having lowered the palings. A tad early to the party, but the more the merrier. After all, this is precisely what I was hoping for... he thought to himself.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:48 pm

As the man seemed to appear behind her Dydra felt her breath catch slightly in her throat before a smile spread across her face.  "A pleasure to meet you sir,  I'm Dydra Miglos.  You are correct I am most certainly not from this place," she said as she sunk into a deep curtsy, looking up at Sabyre through her eyelashes.  She rose slowly but remained looking at him with a smile like a cat stalking a mouse.

"As to what I was doing here, well, that doesn't matter anymore.  The real question is what am I going to do?" Dydra asked arching one eyebrow as she circled around Sabyre trailing her fingers along his shoulder.  When she got back in front of him she looked up at the sky as the demons screamed over head.  "Whatever the answer to that question is, I'm sure it'll be quite fun."
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Garlin's demons had already begun to attack some of the buildings on the edge of the city as his army made their entrance. One guard made a rush at Garlin who responded by grabbing the guard by their throat, lifting them into the air, and draining all the life from their body before tossing them aside like a rag doll. "Fools, your attacks are meaningless." He said as his men started to raid the streets and Garlin continued his march towards the center of the city.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:09 pm

Sabyre smiled as Dydra walked around him. "This Dydra, finally someone who might be able to keep up.", he thought to himself. He turned his head to the sky and laughed, "Well then, shall we see who our new cast member for the night shall be? If you think you won't fall behind that is?" He smiled at her, and could almost make out what sounded like the footsteps of someone in heavy armor. At that moment he turned and fell into a sprint toward the sound. "This is going better than even I could have ever expected! At this rate, these researchers won't even make it to the second act though, shame...", he thought to himself, content with the night's proceedings.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:11 am

Dydra laughed as Sabyre took off running, setting off with quick step she easily caught up with him.  "Maybe it's you'll who be left behind eh?" She said turning to him before slightly outpacing him towards the sound, her bells and coins jingling merrily.  

When Dydra was about 5 feet in front of Sabyre she turned around and began running backwards.  "Don't underestimate me sir.  Many have made that mistake and they did not live to learn from it," she said tossing her head as she turned back around.  The sound of marching could be heard echoing down the streets.  Screams of demons intertwined with the screams of townspeople.  Let the games begin, she thought genuinely smiling for the first time in years.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Garlin cut down a researcher who was pleading for him to not destroy all the research of the city as he kept on his march. In truth, he had no intention of destroying any of the things these researchers had discovered and locked away, what he wanted was to find a way to use them to increase his own power. A building next to him collapsed in a heap, still burning with demonic fire as the creature that destroyed it returned to the sky. Through the smoke and dust, the central hub of Emberfell came into site, the repository of all the magical knowledge of the city. "Ensure I have no interruption." He told his soldiers who moved into a position to block the doors of the tower as Garlin broke down the door and entered. He basked in the feeling of magical energy, admiring a large sphere floating at the center of the room. "That's it. The culmination of all the magical research of the place. And now it will be mine." He held out a hand and began to drain the power from the orb.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Sabyre laughed as they ran through the streets, admiring the graceful way Dydra seemed to dance as she ran. "It seems I've been given a companion who I might fight alongside well for once! Her movements are even more nimble than my own.", he thought to himself.
    He heard a door crash, and could see a large armored entity forcing himself through the main research facility. "I think we've found the leader, eh?", he shouted towards Dydra, sure she'd already noticed. Sabyre could feel a strong magical force coming from inside. The entrance was blocked by many soldiers. "Well well...", he said softly, bowing to the soldiers with a smile. "I'd like to speak with your leader in there, and I feel as though I'm correct in assuming I won't be granted entry by asking nicely?", he said, his smile turning malicious. He darted to the left line of soldiers, sword materializing fast enough to catch the front one by surprise, lunging it through his chest. With a spin, he pulled the sword loose and cleaved the ones behind it. Before one had fallen to the ground, he kicked off of it, sending himself into the air spinning. As he flew through the air, he winked with a smile at another, and landed silently to the ground with a snap of his fingers. Green smoke swirled around it's feet and rose up it's body, entering the soldier's mouth, badly poisoning him. As the soldier clutched at his throat, choking, Sabyre drew his sword up the soldier's body in an arc, drawing the blade up his center. He focused for a second, bringing his sword upright in his hands, and a small black dagger surrounded in a red aura hovered over him. He danced almost effortlessly through the waves of soldiers, swinging his sword quickly in wide circles with the dagger darting through soldiers to his rear. As more fell to his sword, his movements sped up, the dance becoming more violent and filled with rage. The streets were soaked in blood and it made his dizzying motions easier. He was smiling with an almost feral rage by the time he'd carved through his half of the soldiers, and as the last one on his side fell, he de-materialized his weapon and fell into a low bow. "Time to meet our newcomer then? I hope these soldiers were expendable, otherwise he may be slightly disappointed...", he thought to himself as he re-joined Dydra, bodies scattered throughout the streets.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:44 pm

As they drew closer to the center Dydra fell back to run alongside Sabyre.  She kept an eye on him as they approached the facility and when he bowed she dropped into a curtsy next to him.  I like this elf, he makes it interesting at least she thought chuckling to herself as she reached into her bag of holding and grasped the hilt of her sabre.  

As Sabyre went left she went right.  Drawing out her sword, she began to dance among the soldiers, her blade nimbly catching them in vulnerable spots, her bells began to mark a rhythm accented by the screams of injured and dying and the clang of  metal on metal.  As the first few men fell the rhythm picked up.  Her skirts twirled out as she gracefully dodged their attacks.  One soldier tried to grab her but using his own momentum against him she deflected his charge pushing him off balance and onto the sword of another soldier.  The feel of fresh blood beneath her feet was invigorating, and faster still the dance continued, men fell all around.  

Dydra began to laugh as she kicked her heels higher, sending splashes of blood up. The dance reached a frantic beat, the bells ringing a joyful sound among the moans of the dying.  Her blade moved so fast as to seem almost invisible, men fell before her like grass to a scythe as she approached the last man standing he turned to run.  Letting out a whoop of joy she leaped at him, burying her saber into his back.  The man fell face first into the bloody street with Dydra on one knee on top of him.  

Dydra looked up at Sabyre with a gleaming smile before she stood, pulling her sword out of the dead man's back.  She wiped it clean on the man's shirt before resting it against her shoulder.  “Shall we,” she asked nodding her head towards the door.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Garlin could hear the sounds of combat outside but chose to ignore them for now. There was still power in this repository and he was still draining it. "So, it would appear that my army was weaker than I anticipated." Garlin said to the two as they entered the room. "It is a shame really, after all the time it took for me to build them." He said, sounding entirely unimpressed with the exploits of the pair. "However, I'm afraid I am still not quite ready to kill you myself." He raised his free hand and there was a rumbling sound before the ceiling collapsed. Three massive winged creatures descended into the chamber, roaring and gnashing their teeth. "I hope these prove more of a challenge for you." Garlin said, continuing to drain the magic. The demons stood up, their clawed hands scraping on the ground as their red eyes stared down at Sabyre and Dydra, then the center demon charged at them.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:17 pm

"Weaker than anticipated, eh? I'd say you're more than correct where that stands...", Sabyre replied coldly. "And what's this talk of killing those who've allowed you to enter this village in the first place? What was stopping you anyways? That pesky ward circle was merely acolyte's magic, and those primitive crystal things? I would say the security was laughable, but even I didn't expect such child's play."
   As the demons entered from the ceiling, Sabyre placed his hand against his forehead and shook his head with a sigh. "Did you create those too then? Three against two is hardly fair, but I'm sure we could prolong the fight if you're not finished with that orb there? Dydra dear, shall we?", he smirked, presenting his hand to her. He asked her quietly "Would you prefer the air or the ground, m'lady?"
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:28 pm

"Not a very good builder then are you," Dydra said with a smirk.  As the demons broke through the roof she smiled, "Maybe this will actually take effort."

Dydra looked at Sabyre with a gleam in her eyes as she took his hand twirling in close.  He whispered quietly in her ear and she looked up at demons.  "I've always loved heights," she whispered back tightening her grip on her saber and preparing to leap.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Garlin continued to drain the magical energy from the repository. He could feel the power coursing through him but there was still more, and he would have it all. His demons moved in closer to the two intruders. One let out another roar before the right most opened it's mouth and shoot forth a cone of black fire at the Dydra and Sabyre
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Sabyre pulled Dydra close with a small laugh, "Then fly love!", before turning and gracefully throwing her through the air onto the back of the middle flying beast. One of the beasts began to let forth a cone of darkly colored fire. Sabyre saw it and spread his arms wide to the air, closing his eyes, allowing the fire to consume him. As it burned around him, he could feel a paling forming around him, the fire portion stinging his skin a bit, but feeling his power beginning to well up. He re-opened his eyes, his mouth forming a wicked smile. "You know, it's rude to breathe fire onto someone you only just met..." He dashed to the side of the demon with blinding speed, forming his sword on the way. He drew it along the side and under it's wing, before leaping into the air, carving along the rear side of it's wing. He sprang into a backflip ,and landed with a flourish. "I have to admit, this is more exciting than those stuffy scholars.", he shouted toward Garlin. "I only wonder what the man in the helm is like?", he added with a wink. As the one he was fighting turned to him, he calmly chimed "Oh, be patient... I was getting back with you just now." He blew the demon a kiss, letting a deep green mist flow from his fingertips into it's face. (Bio) With a spin, he slashed at it's face, and darted to the wing he hadn't sliced at yet.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Dydra kept her arms close as she flew through the air, feeling the heat of the black flame beneath her feet. As the demon came within reach she twirled, sending her saber raking across it's face before plunging it into the demon's head, using it to anchor herself in place between the demons wings. The demon tried to scratch her off but her sword was in deep and she held on.

A mischievous grin spread across Dydra's face as a thought crossed her mind. She grabbed her saber with both hands and gave it a jerk to the left, the demon let out a cry and turned to the left, "Excellent," she said to herself. The demon was trying to grab her off but she gave the sword a twist. "Tsk tsk tsk, none of that now noble steed, you just follow along with what I want and I'll make this nasty headache go away," She pulled the sword until the demon she was on was facing the third demon and then pushed it forwards. "Now kill your friend there or I kill you," she said cheerfully.

The demon screeched in pain before lashing out at the third demon. "Good demon," Dydra said giving it a pat on the head.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:10 am

As the demon Sabyre was facing fell, black smoke began to leak from the wounds on it's body. Likewise, the black smoke started to emerge from the head of the demon around Dydra's sword. The effects of the smoke were not immediate, but exposure could induce a hallucinogenic effect from continued exposure. The third demon roared and swung at Dydra on the middle demon's head.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:53 pm

Sabyre quickly dashed to the body of the demon Dydra was on top of, waiting at the bottom with his arms open, ready to catch her. "Looks like we've just one more plaything left, love. I'll go right, you left?", he smiled. He was wary of the smoke emanating from the demons, but paid it mostly no mind for now. "If I've learned anything about demons, I'd say watch where you breathe, eh?" He made only small effort to actually follow his own advice, and continued the fight.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:30 pm

At first she tried to ignore the smoke and urge her demon to keep attacking but eventually Dydra knew it was time to do the off, as the third demon swung at her she drove her saber up to it's hilt into the ridden demons skull, gave it a twist and yanked it out, an arch of demon ichor spurting out of the wound. The demon cried out, falling to it's knees as it died.

Dydra jumped down into Sabyre's arms, "You're such a doll," she said giving him a peck on the cheek. At his warning about the smoke Dydra laughed, "I think I've figured that part out darling, unless you really have sprouted pixie wings, in which case, they look good on you," she said before taking the demons left flank.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:29 pm

The final demon looked down at the two and roared again. The smoke swirling on the floor suddenly pulled in towards the demon. It suddenly began to spiral up around the beast who grew in size, a red eye opening in the middle of it's face. A second set of wings burst from its back as its claws and teeth grew longer and sharper. It let out a roar and smashed a massive hand down, trying to crush the two.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Sabyre just barely made it out of the way of the demon's claws. "Well... It would seem as though we're getting a bit more serious now, eh? Well then, let's dance. Dydra, keep your distance from me, love. I'd hate to strike you.", his voice becoming malicious. His movements became erratic as he dove to the leg closest to him, chopping wildly with less grace than normal, but much faster. He struck at anything near him, carving the beast anywhere he could. He was in a blind rage, and nothing would stop him until this demon was killed.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:05 pm

Dydra rolled out of the path of the demons claw but the tip of its claw caught her shoulder and she hissed in pain clutching at it. She got to her feet and stared straight into the demons third eye her eyes full of anger. "I curse you demon!" she cried, her voice sounded darker than normal and deadly serious as shadows seemed to thicken around her, "may the sting of metal bite thrice as deep and the flow of blood be not staunched."

The shadows surrounding Dydra seemed to swirl about her at her words before they rushed to the demon encircling him before dispersing.

Everywhere Sabyre's longsword cut the wound seemed deeper than it should have been and bled more than would be expected. Dydra smirked and switched her saber to her uninjured hand before rushing towards the demon on the opposite side to Sabyre.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:01 pm

The demon roared and attempted to swing at its attackers, however, due to the creature's increased size it was having a much more difficult time hitting the comparatively smaller duo. Despite its best efforts, the numerous sword slices eventually felled the beast, sending an even larger cloud of the black smoke through the chamber.

As the smoke began to clear, a metallic thud could be heard followed by a rolling sound and wicked laughter. The magical receptacle rolled past Sabyre and Dydra and a powerful wave of magic blew through the room, pushing the smoke to the walls. "I must say, I am impressed you defeated my demon, but now, can you defeat me with the powers of a god?" Garlin said, holding up a hand and summoning a ball of magical energy that fluctuated through all the elements of magic. "Do you dare to oppose me?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Sabyre thought for a moment how he should answer, his mind calming back down. "I can't speak for our lady here, but I never had the intention of fighting you. Your demons provided for a bit of fun, I'll admit. I opened the city to chaos because I had nothing else that needed doing, though I hadn't expected to be greeted by so much in one night. It truly warms my heart...", he replied to Garlin with a smile and a low bow. "Sabyre Mort du' Tempest, a pleasure, I'm sure.", he added with a wink. "If it comes to fighting, then I guess we'll have to deal with this new guest, but let's see how he answers first. He certainly at least looks more powerful than than my former master. And is it truly my fault that I refuse to follow someone weaker than myself?", he thought to himself.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next