The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
The Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open} I_vote_lcapThe Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open} I_voting_barThe Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open} I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
The Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open} I_vote_lcapThe Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open} I_voting_barThe Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open} I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

The Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open}

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open} Empty The Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open}

Post by Magnus Caine Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:11 pm

The Gilded Oasis is a haven in the country of Bh'am. Founded originally around a natural oasis in the desert, this inn and stopping point has become luxurious and grand. Sultans and Sheiks often go out of the way to make a stop here while traveling to and from the capital. Zaraxus, in elven form of course, sat on a cushion, at a table in the corner. A bottle of ancient elven wine and an battered old manuscript on the table in front of him. Flicking through pages, the attractive elven man frowned. "These translations don't match up, what in Dahaks name...." The woman who was tasked to take care of him, mostly because of the exorbitant amount of gold in his pouch, reaches over and strokes the man's hair, "Master Zaraxus, is there anything I can do for you? A relaxing massage perhaps?" He snorts, "No. Just leave me to my studies, I'll call for you if I need something." She frowns, hoping to earn a large tip by using her charms, which typically worked on others. As she begins to wander off, Zaraxus looks up, trying to get a good grasp of the other patrons in the bar.
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 62
Usertitle : The Grand Vizier of Moderation
Moderation Color: Teal
Registration date : 2017-04-10

Back to top Go down

The Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open} Empty Re: The Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open}

Post by Mari Bryn Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:41 pm

Elli sat on the floor near the kitchens, Badger was behind her and his solid warmth was a comfort to her.  She had her widget bag open, her tools spread out, and her goggles over her eyes.  The innkeeper's daughter had a music box that was broken, if Elli could fix it she could get a free meal for herself and badger, if not she'd have to pay.  Anytime she could get something for free she jumped at the chance, plus the music box was magnificent.  Dwarven made she thought but old, the techniques to make movement this intricate had been lost for a while.  If she could figure it out her own creations would be that much better, and worth that much more.  She was lost in a world of gears, not paying attention to anything around her.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2075
Usertitle : Public Relations Director
Moderation Color: Lavender
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

The Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open} Empty Re: The Gilded Oasis {Zaraxus'Nathurian} {Open}

Post by Magnus Caine Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Having spotted the oddity in the corner his curiosity was piqued. Rising from his table he strode across the room with meaningful strides. Upon approaching the gnome, he doesn't say a word. Instead he is focused on the music box. Pacing in a semi circle around the small person, Zaraxus continued to study the box, attempting to discern everything he could about the music box, and how to fix it. He scowled, machines were normally beyond him, as beings of his kind rarely had need for them. He continued to study and watch, curious to the outcome.
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Elli smirked to herself and grabbed a small prybar and plyers, she removed the central pin that held the metal cylinder, the bumps on the cylinder would flick small flat metal tines that made the actual music. Gently sliding the drum our she set it to the side, she put the tines with it. she could reach the actual gears now and began removing them setting them out in precise order. The gears were finer than any she'd worked with before, they were thin, strong, and even after all this time, in perfect shape. She reached the flat spring, mangled out of shape by being wound to tight. She pulled it out and studied it closely.

Springs like this were tricky business it controlled the whole machine if it wasn't right the music wouldn't be either. This one was hopelessly ruined. Elle scowled for a moment grabbing her widget bag, she began rummaging through it and pulled out a small clockwork cat. "I'll fix you again latter poppet, meed your tail spring, you know how it is." She muttered as she began disassembling the cat. She removed the spring from it and compared it to the broken spring. She smiled and then began putting the music box back together. When she was done, she gently wound it up the melody filled the air. It worked. Elle laughed out loud as she watched it work. "This one was good Badger." she said scratching him behind the ears. Taking the music box apart and putting it back together had only taken about five minutes, but Elle was pretty sure when she got home she could replicate the dwarven gears, and that was worth quite a lot if she got it right.

She was about to go show the innkeeper when she noticed the elf standing in front of her. She pushed her goggles on top of her head and squinted at him. "How goes it with you?" she asked warily in elvish.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:13 pm

It took Zaraxus a moment to even realize that the gnome was speaking to him, and in elvish no less. A scowl coming across his face. Internally monologing to himself, 'How dare this creature speak to me? I am terror itself. How dare..... wait... I'm an elf, not a dragon.... at least, thats what I need to be.' Softening his scowl to a more neutral expression, he begins to speak in response to the tinker, "It.... goes. I do apologize, I was so wrapped up in watching you work that I... may have come across as rude." Luckily, being raised by elves, it was easy for him to fall into a polite tone of conversation. "I haven't much experience with machines, even toys such as that, and to see it so deftly taken apart, fixed, and then put back together grabbed my attention." Extending a hand in greeting, "I am Zaraxus, traveling sage and chronicler." If Elli chose to shake Zaraxus's hand in return, there would be a slight jolt of static electricity, through no fault of Zaraxus. If not, The self-proclaimed wandering sage would simply nod in greeting.
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Elli looked at the man's scowl and saw it relax, she slightly raised an eyebrow but shrugged it off when he started talking about the music box. When he introduced himself she smirked, Elli loved introducing herself to new people, it wasn't often she got to say all her names. "Nice to meet you Zaraxus, I'm Eleison Ellywick Larabel Littlebit Badgerbum Sparkleeye Woodson," she said as she grabbed his hand she felt the spark and jerked a bit, "Sorry for the shock, Badger here has pretty thick fur and sometimes we work up a charge," she said patting her companion on the side. "Being a traveling sage and chronicler sounds fancy, I'm just a tinker who dabbles in illusions. I'm great fun at parties though!" She said with a laugh
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:38 am

Zaraxus was slightly confused by the name, don't the little creatures normally only have two or three. Running through the information in his head, he finally realized that Elli was a gnome, and they had.... and odd naming tradition at the best of times.

Zaraxus will seem slightly confused at the mention of a shock, but, then again, being immune to electricity means he had never actually felt the sensation. He chuckled when she chuckled, " I imagine you are. I, too, am a dabbler of illusion, and the desert is a marvelous place to learn about them. With the sun and sand creating illusions of its own." Grinning a bit as she used his title, "And I assure you the sage and chronicler part are just self-indulgent titles that mean very little. I've chosen to travel and I know lots of things, and am intent on learning more. That is all."
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:55 pm

"Badger doesn't like the sand," Elli said as she began packing up her tools and widgets. "He can't burrow in it well, there aren't any earthworms and it makes his fur feel scratchy. I think it's neat though, how it flows everywhere almost like water in a way. Then again my Auntie Belle would always say, 'Elli if everyone saw things like you the world would be a strange place indeed.' She didn't like me much," Elle said with a shrug as she stood up.

Elli took the music box and walked over to where the innkeeper stood behind the counter, badger follower her giving Zaraxus a wary look and a wide berth. The counter towered over her, but they were used to this. Badger stood up against the counter resting his paws against it and Elli climbed up his back so her head could just peak over, she placed the music box on the counter with a smile. "I've got it fixed good as new. Badger would like meat, rabbit if you have it, raw. I'll take whatevers on menu tonight, oh and we'd like nice cider too please." The innkeeper scowled a bit at her but nodded. Elli cimbed down and walked back over to Zaraxus.

"So, what does one learn about in a desert?" Elli asked, looking up at Zaraxus.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Zaraxus would look at Badger, and, being animal instinct, Badger, the badger, would probably sense that Zaraxus was definitely higher up on the food chain than he was. There was no attempt to assert dominance, simply a look behind the 'elf' man's eyes that was much harder to hide from those ruled more by instinct than rationalization.

The wandering sage would allow the gnome woman to finish her transaction with the innkeeper before continuing to talk. In response to her question, Zaraxus would smile, "There are many things to learn in the desert. The sands hide many truths. Some literal and some figurative. Like where to find a spring to not perish due to dehydration. How to identify mirage from real, which, in turn, helps identifying illusion from reality. Many civilizations have made there home in deserts, or created deserts around themselves by overtaxing the land. They have all fallen to the sands, eventually, and there are many treasures to be reclaimed. If you know where to dig, or simply get lucky, entire cities are buried, all their treasure intact." With maybe a more vicious smile than he intended, "They also teach you that, simply because the golden dunes look peaceful, does not mean they are. Many things lie between and under the dunes, each one more dangerous than the last." He let out a light chuckle to try and relieve whatever tension had been building, "Essentially, if you can survive in a desert, anywhere but underwater will, or at least should, not be a problem anymore."
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:08 pm

"So, you're after treasure," Elli said when she saw his smile at the mention of buried cities. "With a side effect of learning more, I can respect that."She gave him a sidelong glance and leaned back against badger nonchalantly. "Badgers are very good finders, and if the cities are buried, well, he's a good digger too even in sand like this. As for me well, I'm good with locks and fitting into small places where things might be hidden. Might be fun to do a bit of exploring, and it'd make a great story to tell the family back home. I mean if you wanted to go alone I can understand that but, perhaps we could work out a deal. Three would surely be safer than one right?"
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 am

Zaraxus scowled again, 'why would a dragon need help from this little thing? No no, I definitely do, elves do need help, and the Dragon Hunters have been for active.' Having settled his own grievances with himself, he nodded, "You and yours are welcome to travel with me, and to receive equal part of he haul. I have no reason to doubt your skills. I intended to leave tomorrow morning, at sunrise. Does that work for you? Do not forget we will be traveling through the desert."
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Elli looked at Badger who chittered quietly at her, she arched an eyebrow and gave the elf a look before chittering back softly. Badger snuffled and raked a paw over his snout. Elli gave him a scratch behind the ear and then beamed brightly at Zaraxus, "Works great for us, it'll give me time to stash up some supplies. I look forward to working with you."
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:21 am

Zaraxus nodded his head, "I already have a spot to start looking, though it is quite far into the desert." With their pact made, and plans set, the 'elf' would return to his table, at which Badger and Elli were now welcome, should they choose. Rolling open his manuscript, he once again set to the task of reading and translating, sometimes taking notes, in a very rustic elven dialect.
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:12 pm

Elli cautiously went to Zaruxus' table, she enjoyed the lower tables here, it allowed her to stand and work easily, or stack a few cushions to sit at the table. She set herself up on the edge, careful not to disturb his papers.

Badger curled up under the table and began taking a nap while Elli took out her little clockwork cat and began fiddling with it humming softly to herself.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:31 pm

From the outside of the inn, several people and horses could be heard, along with the clanking of armor and armaments. Shortly after, in walks four rather large men, covered from head to toe in armor, each had a large weapon of some sort strapped to their back. Zaraxus sneered at them as they walked in, but quickly returned to his papers. They walked up and spoke in harsh but hushed tones with the innkeeper who simply shrugged his shoulders and nodded his head. One of the men, obviously the leader, spoke up, "To all those present, the Dragonhunters are offering rewards for any information regarding Dragons and their ilk. No longer will these scaled beasts plague our lands. They must all die." That being said, all four men when to a corner table and removed enough armor to make it comfortable to sit down, and they began to enjoy a meal, all the while looking around, reading the mood of the people.

Zaraxus would scoff, under his breath, "Even the metallic dragons? The self-proclaimed guardians of humanity?" He chuckled and then went back to his scroll. If Elli payed close enough attention, she could see that his eyes weren't moving, he was simply staring at the paper, concentrating on his hearing.
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:34 pm

Badger raised his head at the noise outside and as the men entered he came out from under the table to stand between Elli and the door.  Elli looked up, the men were well armored and armed, when they said they were dragon hunters her eyes narrowed and she put the clockwork cat back in her bag and took out a small silver chest hugging it to her.  As the men sat down she relaxed a little and set the chest down on the table opening the lid and gently stroking the clockwork dragon inside.  “I like dragons,” she quietly muttered to herself before shutting the chest and putting it away.

Elli glanced over at Zaraxus to see how he felt about the strangers and though he first appeared unconcerned, she noticed a bit of tension and he looked as if he wasn't actually reading anymore.  She decided to stay on guard while putting away the left over widgets laying about.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Zaraxus would continue to scowl, muttering under his breath in elven, "Arrogant fools. They don't know the fates that they tempt..." unable to contain his contempt, he will turn to Elli, "I will return on the morrow. Our deal still stands, I just remembered some other pertinent business I had to contend with today. If I am delayed I will send word to you, but i prefer to be punctual, so I will likely be here no later than the break of dawn." The scholar will stand and straighten his clothing and collect his things. Zaraxus will then head towards the door. One of the Dragonslayers will watch him and keep watching him until he exited the building. After Zaraxus adjourns from the building, the Slayers will begin having a hushed conversation among themselves.
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:58 pm

"I'll be here," Elli said with a nod. Honestly she didn't have anywhere else to go, she was hoping there was something else she could fix up to earn a spot to sleep at the inn or maybe make a toy for the innkeepers daughter. She decided to give it a try.

After clearing away the rest of her gear and stashing it on Badger. Elli led the way back over to the innkeeper. Again climbing on Badger's back she gave her most charming smile to the human. "Sir, I was wondering if perhaps we could make a trade, I can either repair more things for you or, I might have something your daughter will like," she said pulling the clockwork cat out, winding it up, and setting it on the counter.

The tiny cat looked like it licked it's paw and wiped it's ear while it's tail twitched. Elli was thrilled with how well it worked and so was the innkeeper, he bent over studying it closely before laughing. "She'll love this! A trinket's not worth a room though gnome. Tell you what though, it'll get you a spot near the hearth. Nights get chilly and you and your beast can sleep there," he said gesturing. Elli nodded and climbed down, and she and Badger went back to the table as the sun began it's creeping decent into dusk.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:15 pm

The night passes without incident and a dull peace will fall over the tavern. However, that peace is shattered the next morning, with the beginning of a conflict coming from out in front. Horses braying, steel being drawn, and the crackling of power. One of the Dragonslayers that had stayed the night speaks, presumably their leader, "Where were you off to in such a rush last night friend? We simply wanted to have a drink and chat. You left your companion and your room. Its a shame. Leaving that quickly might have raised suspicion..." There was a chuckle from the others, "We've got you outnumbered beast. Best you just surrender now and be done with it. Not like that option has ever worked before, but we thought we should give it to you." The voice that came next broke through the silence like a clap of thunder, "How dare you?!" Everyone near by could feel the build up of static electricity in the air, and a growing presence from outside. This time the voice spoke, and it was louder, deeper, but still definitely Zaraxus, "You would hunt us simply because we exist. You arrogant mortals overreach your bounds. We have been around since the dawn of this world, and we will be around after its ends. If you think you can take my head, I'd like to see you try!" The end of his challenge was accentuated by the sound of large wing beats, and sand being thrown up against the building. A couple of orders were yelled, both by the innkeep, to keep his workers and guests safe, and by the Dragonslayers outside.

After a few moments, the noise would fade, as both the dragon and the hunters moved into the open desert, circling about and below, looking for a opening. For their arrogance, they were remarkably skilled in fighting the scaled tyrants. Zaraxus's blue scales gleamed like sapphires in the rising sun, and he was a large and powerful creature. In his full form he was easily larger than the inn that he was previously staying in. That would only beg the question, why?
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:31 pm

"Why the desert? What has driven you mad enough to wander through a desert?", Belrim thought to himself, walking through the shifting sands. "This was a terrible idea... I'm not going to die by beasts' claws or mage's spell. I'm going to die from getting lost in sand.", he said, now audibly. Belrim was too exhausted to even pick up his guitar. He was now certain he was seeing a mirage. He could see a large blue figure in the air, and it appeared to be flying. "But mirages don't normally include sound, right?", he mumbled confusedly. He was now uncertain, maybe he'd found something of note. "Well... What choice do I have but to head to it? There's the whole desert I guess, but I'm getting a strange feeling." As he approached closer, he realized he was either seeing a mirage, or a dragon, both terrifying prospects. There was a very large building though. "What in the hells?", he shouted, gaining a sudden second wind and falling into a run. He started to laugh, wondering if he truly was going insane.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:05 pm

Elli woke when she heard the dragonslayers going outside. When the commotion started she scrambled to her feet ready for whatever might happen but when she heard Zaraxus' voice she rushed to the door.

The innkeeper was trying to keep people from going out but she was able to dodge past his legs with Badger at her heels. What she saw astounded her. A large brilliantly blue dragon was taking flight, the wind of his wings would have bowled her over if badger wasn't standing right behind her. She looked up in awe as the dragon flew out to the open desert with the dragonslayers in pursuit. "Come on Badger let's go!" she said leaping on his back, drawing her crossbow.

Badger knew blue man was trouble. Now Elli have Badger chasing dragon! Badger getting old for this.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Zaraxus had no time to pay attention to the gathering crown, or the two approaching figures, as the Dragomslayers were no slouches when it came to combatting his kind. Roaring out, "You may hunt us, but you have decided to fight me in my domain, and for that you will die!" His final challenge issued, the blue wyrm wasted no time moving into action.

Dodging a couple of large javelins throw at him by the leader, he turned his focus onto one of the lesser hunters. Am elven archer launched four arrows in quick succession at him, which plinked harmlessly off of his scales. Opening his toothed maw, Zaraxus let out another roar, and then lightning poured forth from behind his teeth. When electricity struck sand, it immediately turned to glass, and shards went flying everywhere, unfortunately, for the elf, he hadn't been expecting that. The woodland 'sprite' had dodged most of the lightning, but had jumped onto a large, jagged piece of glass, which pierced right through his leather armor. Crying out in pain, the elves cries were cut short, as Zaraxus landed on the ground, spraying sand and shards of glass everywhere, and squishing the hunter underfoot.

One down, three to go. He only could locate two of them, perhaps one had fled when the sand turned to jagged glass.
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Belrim was a nearing quickly, enough to see the electricity pouring from the dragon, spraying crystal glass at his foes, and landing on an archer. It was a real dragon after all though, and he'd never seen one. "I'm not sure who to help in this fight. I can't fight a dragon, and I could swear I heard it talking about 'hunting'. These men must be the group that hunts dragons? I didn't think they were real, and they don't seem to have come very prepared.", he thought to himself. It was four, now three, against one. This dragon is outnumbered, and could make for a powerful ally, if I don't get killed in the process. "Things have mostly worked out so far, what do I have to lose?", he reassured himself, deciding to lend what help he could to the dragon. He pulled the small harp from his hip, and began to play a somber melody. The song would shake the confidence of Belrim's target, making their attacks fall a bit short, and he turned his attention to the two men actively fighting the dragon. He began to pour a bit of his own magic into the song, focusing it on them, and he could see their bodies tighten up a bit. Their faces began to appear more grim as Belrim plucked his strings, beginning to sing quietly in Elvish. His words told of imcompetence, and their deaths that would follow because of it.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:28 pm

Elli crested a sand dune just in time to see the dragon Zaraxus turn the sand to glass and crush the hunter.  She could see two of them but one of the men from the inn seemed to be missing.  I need to help Zaraxus, but how? Think Elli think! Elli ran her hands through her hair as she thought.

"I've got it!" she cried to herself jumping off of badger and concentrating her focus back towards where she'd come from.  She pictured a red dragon looking angry flying across the desert.  She cast major image and the red dragon appeared flying low, wings outstretched over the desert.  Using her hands as a way to focus on the dragons movements she sent it up and over the dune where she was standing and above where the men were fighting Zaraxus, trying to be a distraction and perhaps scare them off.  She kept her concentration on the image and didn't notice Badger wander off.

Badger hear music and singer.  Badger know singer!  Singer is friend Belrim!  Elli is busy.  Elli is safe.  Badger go make sure Belrim safe! Elli will like Belrim to be safe.  Badger run quick to Belrim.  Badger follow music! Badger took off running across the desert to the sound of Belrim's music careful to avoid the glassy parts of the desert.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Caine Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:52 pm

Zaraxus heard the music as well, and felt the power behind it. Originally assuming that it was directed at him, he turned in the air to head in the direction of the bard. It was only after he had already made the aerial maneuver that he saw the effect not on himself, but on the hunters. Turning once again, back into the fray, his shadow engulfing the bard in darkness, for just a moment. It was then that he heard one of the hunters yell, "By Gorum's Armor! There's two of them!" It was that moment on panic that the blue wyrm capitalized on.

Calling upon his magical prowess, he summoned a storm. It changed from blazing desert sun to thunder and lightning in a matter of moments. It was this time that several of the voyeurs from inside the Oasis decided that they would return to their rooms and watch from the windows. Even an idiot could find out what was about it happen. The lightning and thunder began to focus near the center of the storm, the clouds turning a dark and ominous color of grey. A bolt of azure lightning flew from the clouds and struck the area where the two hunters were standing. One, the captain, managed to roll out of the way, avoiding the bolt altogether. The lieutenant, however, was not so lucky. The only thing left of him was a smoking suit of blackened armor.

The captain of the Dragonhunters laughed. It a deep, rough voice, "It has been a long time since one of your kind gave me even half as much of a fight. Perhaps I'll make boots out of you, to remind me of this encounter." He threw down his greataxe and drew a sword of equal girth. The sight and ring of it made Zaraxus to recoil, from both fear and anger. Licking the edge of the blade, "Oh, so you know this blade? Draco Sanguis, Dragon Blood in the common tongue. The entire blade is forged from the blood of your kind, by ancient magics and techniques, lost to time. It specializes in killing your kind, and now I will add another notch in my belt." An amulet around the man's chest glowed, and all of his wounds were healed, "Time to die you overgrown lizard. After I'm done with you, your friends are next. Anyone who helps the scaled tyrants is just as guilty." He let out a throaty laugh, and the battle began again.
Magnus Caine
Magnus Caine
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next