The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
Is FFVII overrated? I_vote_lcapIs FFVII overrated? I_voting_barIs FFVII overrated? I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
Is FFVII overrated? I_vote_lcapIs FFVII overrated? I_voting_barIs FFVII overrated? I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Is FFVII overrated?

+4
Sir Sephiroth
Mogmune
Juss
GAP
8 posters

Go down

Is FFVII overrated?

Is FFVII overrated? I_vote_lcap33%Is FFVII overrated? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
Is FFVII overrated? I_vote_lcap67%Is FFVII overrated? I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 9

Is FFVII overrated? Empty Is FFVII overrated?

Post by GAP Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:19 pm

you had probably seen this in other forums but I wonder if anyone believes that the game is overrated? Considering that Square Enix is milking the games, creating a plethora of sequels and prequels that either contradict the canon or jusdt don't plain make any sense to make, it seems that FFVII is exploited way too much and I think they are ruining a good classic. I don't believe we really need all these spinoffs or prequels, I think the game should stay as is especialy that the game was special and innovative for its time but after playing it myself, I consider it a classic and I believe they should stop milking it. The game is great but it is not all that great and even FFVII has its flaws especially with the game something of a breeze (except the WEAPONs and Sephiroth) and the translation not being too accurate, the gameplay however is great and story I believe should have been left alone to one game for fans to speculate and rage for ages. I had written my thoughts but what are your thoughts on this, do you believe the series is overrated?
GAP
GAP

Number of posts : 10
Usertitle : Fall into the GAP!
Registration date : 2009-05-12

http://www.myspace.com/computerstarwiz

Back to top Go down

Is FFVII overrated? Empty Re: Is FFVII overrated?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:30 pm

I dont belive it is overrated, but I belive they have milked it too much right now, and wish they could of left it alone, or just made the prequel of Crisis Core, and Advent Children, cause i cant say i hated those two, but i do agree they have been milking it too much, and are ruining it.. So yea, they should just leave it alone (though i cant say if they remade the original to PS3 standards, but kept the original story completely intact, i wouldnt dislike it, i would love it probably lol) Anyone else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:38 pm

I also dont think that it is overrated. I mean I will agree that SE is milking the FFVII train for all its worth, but they only do it because they know it will sell. I absolutely love this game and all the games/movies that came after it, and if they do in fact make a remake for it I will probably play that too.

Made thread into a poll, I think it would be better as a poll.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:53 pm

I completely agree Cloud, FFVII is an awesome game, and people love it, hence they milk it, because people will keep buying it. And yes, if they do make that remake, ill buy the console it is on just for it Razz
(voted no in the poll)

Back to top Go down

Post by Juss Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:30 am

I think it wasn't overrated Smile It was a damn good game with dozens of fantastic things, amazing and emotional story and fun fighting. And while I'm saying it was not overrated, I'm thinking that most of other FF's were totally underrated Very Happy And that's why people feel that FF VII was overrated, no it wasn't. It was just one of the few FF's that was rated how it should have been!
Juss
Juss
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1368
Usertitle : The Grand Archmage of Guild of Mages!
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogmune Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:19 pm

FFVII is completely overrated! ~hides from crazed fan boys- Wacky
They got to quit milking it. Its gone to far, the other games are so underrated now..
Mogmune
Mogmune
Mognet Mog
Mognet Mog

Number of posts : 35
Usertitle : Kupo!!!
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Juss Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:06 am

Mithos wrote:FFVII is completely overrated! ~hides from crazed fan boys- Wacky
They got to quit milking it. Its gone to far, the other games are so underrated now..

I agree with the fact that they need to stop milking it Wink But I don't find the original game overrated. Though, I would be fine if they would create fantastic games about FF VII, not just games of it to get easy money Very Happy
Juss
Juss
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1368
Usertitle : The Grand Archmage of Guild of Mages!
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:59 pm

Mithos wrote:FFVII is completely overrated! ~hides from crazed fan boys- Wacky

*finds Mithos and pulls him out of hiding* I FOUND HIM!!

Anyways, I don't think FFVII is overrated, to be honest, I think FFVII and FFIX are 2 games that are the best in the series... The same with FFVI and FFIV.

The reason why SE are milking FFVII for all it's worth, is solely because there is a market for it, people love FFVII and would buy just about anything from it, whether it be sequels or prequels to other forms of merchandise.

A remake of this classic would be truly amazing!! And since there are very few PS3 exclusive games I'd be surprised if it wasn't available on the 360 too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:03 am

nope NO way is it over rated... when the 1st game was made there was so many holes that needed to be filled in... as in gaps in the knowledge of the story. So the film, CC and DOC filled in some of those questions some of us had... the VII story is a HUGE and complex one with many sections to it. So one game isn't enough in my opinion Wink. The rumours of the re-make I heard 2 years ago... and it is happens I WANT it! Even though VII has not so good graphics.. its STILL one of the classic games we ALL know. When ever you think of FF most people think of VII even before the film/other games came out... its just a GOOD game. But I hope they keep it funny like the 1st. With cloud in a dress and stuff. Becasue the film was WAY too depressing and not light hearted at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Sephiroth Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:53 am

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Fantasy VII is not overrated. Yes they have milked alot because it is the greatest story that was ever told in the FF community. If you ever watch a couple of extra's on Advent Children Complete then you would understand.

The reason why the other games are so underrated is because the story isn't as good as VII. But the best thing that they are doing now that makes me happy. They are remaking the actual game itsself for the PS3. With better graphics and with the actual voices.

Granted IX and others were awesome. None can stand up to the rivalry between Cloud and Sephiroth.
Sir Sephiroth
Sir Sephiroth

Number of posts : 334
Usertitle : Knight of Jenova
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Eiko Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:06 am

Yes. Somehow. Not the PS game but all those stuff that came after it.

I like the game.. that's it.
But when they made so much hype about it..movies, remake etc etc..
please..enough already.

Too much milking it's annoying the heck out of me.

PS: Tifa is the hottest FF character evar!!!!!!! XD
Eiko
Eiko

Number of posts : 48
Usertitle : FFIX Fangirl
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:46 am

Eiko wrote:PS: Tifa is the hottest FF character evar!!!!!!! XD
Greatest comment ever Wacky

Now on topic.. YES this game has been over milked, the remake, the movie, the REMAKE of the move (Advent Children Complete??), DOC, and CC(great game though) and even BC? I mean, the are over doing it, and making the story alot more complicated than needs be. But, im an FFVII fanboy, and prolly always will, this game freaking ROCKS!

Nuff said..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Sephiroth Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:49 pm

I do admit that they have gone a bit over board. But I myself like that they have. I mean come on they have to keep up with the high demand of FFVII.

Being a fanboy that I am. I have wanted to know what may have happpened between Cloud defeating Sephiroth to Red XIII with his cubs looking over Midgar.

Also I have wanted to know what actually happened to Sephiroth, to make him the way he was. Granted they showed a short bit on how and why. But they mentioned Zach like maybe 20 times inthe game. So I always wonered. Who is Zach, besides a SOLDIER?

Why did he choose to be in SOLDIER.

But that is my two cents besides this last point.

They didn't remake the movie. They finished it. You could tell that because of high demand that they didn't finish it. Which they explain that in the special features of ACC. So that is why they rereleased it as a finished product.
Sir Sephiroth
Sir Sephiroth

Number of posts : 334
Usertitle : Knight of Jenova
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Harin Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:46 am

bump and revive
Harin
Harin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2324
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirma Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:12 pm

Yes it is overrated. It's getting far too much credit.
Shirma
Shirma

Number of posts : 63
Usertitle : Ohai
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Harin Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:12 pm

I must say they have gone overboard with FF 7. I don't see what makes it so much better. Hrmmm
Harin
Harin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2324
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:06 am

Maybe it was the storyline or the characters. It isnt overrated, its just good if you ask me.
pizza
pizza

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down