The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
Desert travels(Open to anyone) I_vote_lcapDesert travels(Open to anyone) I_voting_barDesert travels(Open to anyone) I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
Desert travels(Open to anyone) I_vote_lcapDesert travels(Open to anyone) I_voting_barDesert travels(Open to anyone) I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Desert travels(Open to anyone)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Desert travels(Open to anyone) Empty Desert travels(Open to anyone)

Post by Mistdrake Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:43 pm

Jonathon wandered through the sands. The scarf that covered his mouth and nose whipping in the wind. The sword on his back was also annoying him due to it's movement. "Of course, I had to end up going into some desert. Then again, this is what I get for not paying attention." Jonathon muttered to himself. While his sense of direction was phenomenal, he doesn't always use it. "I heard there were other people here, I just haven't found them yet." Jonathon said, sighing to himself. "At least so far i haven't stumbled across anything not so friendly. Of course, it's a big desert."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Desert travels(Open to anyone) Empty Re: Desert travels(Open to anyone)

Post by Margo Harvot Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Margo moved lightly, skidding away from monsters left and right. It had been some time after she left Golmore, and the Dalmascan desert was one of the first places she went to. It was a very harsh place, not just a few times had she noticed skeletons, some suspiciously looking like human bones. She had preferred to avoid the monsters then fight them, and so far, the strategy looked like it was working. Little did she know a small trail of monsters had been tailing her from behind, and she noticed a man. "Hmm?" she mumbled, making her way towards him.
Margo Harvot
Margo Harvot

Number of posts : 120
Usertitle : Take Me Lightly Not!
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:43 am

Jonathon couldn't shake the feeling that someone was following him. He decided it was best to try to confront whatever was behind him. In one fluid motion he turned ad drew his sword. "Who are you." He said, loudly to his follower. "Unless you want me to make you into a permanent residence of the sands, I wouldn't try anything." Jonathon kept his sword steady, pointed at Margo. "Well, are you going to speak, or not?" Jonathon said, the wind still blowing his scarf that covered most of his face.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo Harvot Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:34 am

As she walked after the man, he suddenly stopped and swiftly pointed a blade at Margo's face. "Who are you? Unless you want me to make you into a permanent residence of the sands, I wouldn't try anything. ....Well, are you going to speak, or not?" he said. Having barely flinched, she stared at him amused. Typical humes. "Well." Margo replied. "I.." she began, before she heard a slight scuffling sound behind her.

Calmly taking a step back so she could safely look around, she stared into the face into several wolves led by a flaming ruby red one. Margo blinked several times - where did they come from? They were carefully circling her, and due to the man's presence, him as well. Drifting her hand casually to her pistols, she gripped them lightly as so not to arouse the wolves suspicion. "Well now, I would be honored to answer your questions...but I have some..guests." Margo said quietly to the man.
Margo Harvot
Margo Harvot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:55 am

Jonathon smirked under his desert scarf. As the viera before him drew her guns to face the wolves, Jonathon lowered his sword, waiting. With that, his word burst into to flames. In what seemed like an instant, one wolf fell, it's body smoldering where the sword had made contact. "Wolves, I've faced worse." Jonathon said, his word still smoking from the first wolf. "Well, looks like we'll have to save the introductions till later." With that, he slew another wolf.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo Harvot Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:43 am

Margo watched, amused as the man begun slaying wolves one by one. The red one leaped at her without warning, and she quickly hopped backwards. The red one obviously was viciously stronger, it growled at her and pulled it's claws out of the sand. "Bad dog." she said, amused.

The wolf was not. It leaped at her again, and she moved sideways, her skirt gently brushing against the wolf like a matador's cape. Swiftly she brought her guns to it's head and pulled the trigger. Bang. She placed her guns back as the other wolves began to fled. She stared at the corpses for a short moment. "We best be hasty and leave this spot, lest the dead wolves attract other stronger..and bigger monsters,"
Margo Harvot
Margo Harvot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:00 pm

"You have a point." Jonathon said, sheathing his sword. "Come on, let's find an oasis, there's one close to here." He said, using his directional skills. "Come on, we can talk someplace less deadly." Jonathon turned and began walking toward a safer location. "You can either tag along or stay here and see what else comes. Personally, I'd go with the first choice. That's just me of course." He knew that it would only be a matter of time before something hungry showed up.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo Harvot Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Smirking slightly, Margo followed the man - it would be more fun to have someone to talk to, even though the particular someone was liable to slice her down any moment. She took a final look at the ruby-red wolf as the sand dunes seemed to envelope it. "There is an oasis nearby?" Margo questioned - so she had been walking round and round for hours, it seemed.
Margo Harvot
Margo Harvot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:22 am

"I don't care whether you believe me or not, I know where I'm going, for two reasons. One, I have the ability to know where I'm going, and two." Jonathon said, holding out one arm. Out of nowhere a hawk like bird flew down and landed on his outstretched arm. "Aero here has already proven my route." The bird moved over to Jonathon's shoulder so Jonathon could lower his arm. "We're almost there." Jonathon said. On the horizon, trees and grass could be seen. "See, I was right."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo Harvot Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:14 am

Margo looked at the man, confused, and let out a short laugh after his little display. "My dear boy, I merely wanted to confirm your statement." she said. She eyed his figure for a while. This hume has obviously went through a lot. Young, though. Margo lightly stepped through the grass and reached the water swiftly.

She didn't look it, but she was really freaking thirsty. Upon satiating her thirst, she stood up and brushed back her hair, considerably tempted to actually shower in it, but decided against it. She glanced at a nearby lazy-looking merchant who looked liked he was about to fall asleep. He was sitting on a chair and had his legs up on another. Rolling her eyes, she crossed the distance in several steps. "You there." Margo snapped her fingers in front of the merchant. "Give me your chairs, I'm over 50," Tossing some gil at the alarmed but gleeful merchant, she slid one of the chairs over to the man while she herself sat down next to the heavenly water.
Margo Harvot
Margo Harvot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:34 am

Jonathon slid the scarf down off of his face to take a drink of water. Aero began to fly around, hunting for food in the water. Jonathon looked at the fat merchant, the merchant gave up his second chair. Jonathon then took the now empty chair. "Now that we're relativity safe, the names Jonathon. My bird over there is aero. He's my eyes in the sky." Jonathon said. Aero had manged to catch a fish and was happily eating away at it. The fish was less happy. "SO, I introduced my self, who are you?" Jonathon said, looking at the viera before him.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo Harvot Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Margo stretched herself on the chair. "My name is Margo. The only eyes I have are the ones of my face, sadly." she said with a straight face. She stared at him for a while. "What's a charming man like you doing in a harsh place like this?" she asked, even more amused. This was no mere hume - anyone could swing a sword around, but this man knew how to actually use it. There was obviously more to him..
Margo Harvot
Margo Harvot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:49 am

Jonathon smirked. "I'm not really sure why I'm here. I've been wandering around the world for a while now. Sometimes I plan where I go, other times I don't. I ended up here,, not really looking for anything. It's hard not to travel a lot when you were orphaned young. I didn't want to get put into that system, getting taken away by someone else. So, I left. Took a sword and left. Along the way I learned things, and picked up a bird." At the mention of bird, Aero momentarily lifted his head from his meal, but quickly returned to eating. "I don't really have any planned route from here. I'll probably just go from oasis to oasis, seeing the sights. Tag along if you want, I'll probably stay here a while longer."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo Harvot Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:55 am

Margo cupped more water to drink as she listened, and half-choked when he said "orphaned." Well that's certainly one thing that didn't happen to people everyday. "I'm sorry." she said. There was a temporary silence after Jonathan finished talking. "Well, I have nothing better to do, and it would be so much safer." she said. "Sure," She looked at him for a while. "I like to wander too. The village I come from doesn't...approve of Viera's waltzing around the world. It was like screaming "I'M A MUTINEER!" in their faces." Margo smirked slightly as people around her gave her strange looks. "I think my parents had a fit or two when I told them I wanted to wander the world." she recalled, amused.
Margo Harvot
Margo Harvot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:05 am

(I'm gonna be gone till Wednesday)
Jonathon chuckled at the vieras tale. "Well, at least you had someone to yell at you." He said, recalling what little he could about his parents. "The next closest oasis I can tell is quite a ways away. Probably a few hours walk." Jonathon said, using his abilities. "If you want my opinion, stay the night here. Prepare for the trek through the desert." Jonathon said. "Of course, if you want to leave first, no ones stopping you." He said. "I'll get a fire going." Jonathon began collecting some things he could find. He made a nice little pile of wood and grass. "Watch this." He said, placing the point of his sword on the fire. His sword ignited, lighting the fire. "There we go, that'll have to do for now."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo Harvot Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:17 am

(Ooh, okay :0)

"Far away, with monsters and fiends in between." she said, rolling her eyes slightly. Stupid wolves. Her eyes went from the rapidly approaching nightfall to Jonathan's blade, which suddenly lit. He pressed it to a pile of wood and in a flash, was aflame. "Well that's certainly enough to keep away insects...and small monsters." she smirked. She got up from her comfy chair. "I'll go get something for us to eat," Giving the merchant a warning look (who recoiled immediately from the chair), she walked towards the other merchants.
Margo Harvot
Margo Harvot

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Bird was propped up against a tree and watching the two new arrivals. She was plunked down under a tree, rather moodily. It was hot and almost too dangerous to travel alone, just like she had been told. She had been here two days, feeling much too silly(and just a little threatened) to ask the merchants to let her travel with them. Instead she sat there, grumbling to herself, and wrapped in some ridiculous desert people costume she had bought before she left. "Back when this was going to be an exciting adventure," she sighed.

She eyed the two new arrivals to the oasis. The boy(though he really couldn't be but a few years younger than her) with a bird, and a rather rabbity looking woman... Wait, no. She was very rabbity. A Viera. The pair stood out to her as a rather odd couple. They weren't merchants, and they didn't really look like they belonged together. Bird sat, half listening to them, half dozing off, until the boy (Johnson? Jonfen? Jonathon? She hadn't really paid attention...) set a fire using his sword. She perked up, and scootched a little closer as the Viera woman marched by.
Bird
Bird

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Jonathon warmed his hands by the fire. Behind him, Aero had noticed the strange person sitting in a tree. Aero flew over and landed gently atop Jonathon's head. Jonathon was unfazed by the bird perched atop his head. "My friend here sees you tree girl." Jonathon said. He stood up, aero fluttered off of his head and relanded on the back of margos chair. "So, why are you in that tree. Come on down, we won't hurt you, much." Jonathon said, smirking. Aero cocked his head confused, and quickly became uninterested . So the bird returned to his fish. "Of course, you can stay in that tree if you want." Jonathon said, sitting back down.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo Harvot Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 pm

Grabbing food at random, she grabbed a nearby table as well, sliding it in front of Jonathan, then placing the food down. Her eyes followed Jonathan and Aero's to a large tree. There was a girl leaning against a tree, staring right back at Jonathan and Margo herself. Margo smirked slightly and ate - Jonathan could handle this. It was a little strange that the girl was spying on them though, and she kept her eye trained on the girl.
Margo Harvot
Margo Harvot

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:37 pm

"My friend here sees you tree girl"

Bird froze momentarily. She was a little embarrassed to be caught creeping on two total strangers. Surely she had better manners? She hadn't been raised in a barn...only a circus. She grinned, and stood up.
"Uhhhh, heh, sorry about that. I just, well.... I noticed that you two were sort of an odd couple, being here together and such. And also, I kind of overheard that you were traveling through the desert as well." She paused, and eyed the two. The seemed, kind of friendly? They were certainly keeping their eyes on her.
"Umm, anyways... I'm Bird." She strode over and stuck her hand out for anyone who might take it. "I came out here on my own, and it's all a rather silly story, really..." She paused again... "Are either of you two here for a particular reason? Possibly willing to accept another travelling companion?" She rattled off the last sentence nervously, and waited.
Bird
Bird

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:55 pm

"Bird, huh, kind of an odd name isn't it." Jonathon said. Aero looked very confused, he was probably thinking 'She's no bird, she's a person'. Either that, or perhaps he was just confused about the fact that more and more people kept showing up. "I'm just wandering around, not really trying to get anyway. Margo here isn't really caring where she goes either." Jonathon said, tossing another couple sticks onto the fire. "However, if you're gonna tag along, try and be useful please, I don't want any dead weight. Plus, we already have a bird. He's aero, he won't bite you, hard." Jonathon said, pointing at his hawk that had just finished his fish. He didn't seem to want another. Instead, he flew over and landed on birds head. Decideing she wouldn't make a good perch, Aero returned to his usual perch on Jonathon's head.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo Harvot Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:01 am

Margo stared at the girl, mildly amused. "Are you looking to go to a specific place, dear?" Bird. What a weird name - this was the first time she heard of somebody being named after an animal. Downing some water, she added, "Well, what he means is that he isn't the sweetest apple on the tree, and since you have that gun in your holster, you should be able to use it." Margo had heard of people carrying weapons for show - ridiculously stupid, but not unheard of. "The food won't eat itself, by the way." Margo said, looking at Jonathan and Bird. She'd be damned if the gil went to waste..
Margo Harvot
Margo Harvot

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Bird grinned. "Well, it's more of a stage name that stuck... Anyways, I can't say I'm headed anywhere particular. I just sort of thought it was time I was a grown up and did stuff on my own, you know? Also, I've heard a few rumors about the desert. Rumors that there's treasure and all that sort." She shrugged and took some of the food. "Thanks, very much. I can't say I've been exactly comfortable talking to some of these merchant types. I don't know my way around this desert at all, and I'm not so sure I'd want to get lost with them."
"As for these," she patted her holstered guns, "I know a thing or two about shooting. I promise I can pull my weight."
Bird
Bird

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Jonathon's attention was caught with the word treasure. Jonathon always was a fan of finding the stuff, either to sell, or to keep. "I do like treasure." Jonathon said, standing up. "If you know where we can find any, I'd be glad to help get it." Jonathon said, Aero had recently decided that Margos head was comfortable, and was had landed in between her ears. "So, you got any ideas on places to find treasure?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo Harvot Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:11 am

Margo blinked a few times - treasures? Here? "However....rumors may only be what they are. Mere rumors....there's always the chance there's nothing strewn against these harsh deserts." she said disparagingly, looking at the sand. She smirked slightly though. "I love taking risks," She calmly sat down, balancing the bird on her head and looked at Bird expectantly.
Margo Harvot
Margo Harvot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum