The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
The Yuletide Ball {open} I_vote_lcapThe Yuletide Ball {open} I_voting_barThe Yuletide Ball {open} I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
The Yuletide Ball {open} I_vote_lcapThe Yuletide Ball {open} I_voting_barThe Yuletide Ball {open} I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

The Yuletide Ball {open}

4 posters

Go down

The Yuletide Ball {open} Empty The Yuletide Ball {open}

Post by Captain Jack Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:18 am

Jack stood out on the balcony of the ballroom, snow began to lightly fall. He sipped lightly on the hot cocoa he had made for refreshments. His clothes were a black tuxedo with long tails and a top hat, On his face he wore a half-face dragon mask. "Preparations are nearly finished Leon, shouldn't you be getting dressed." He said as he turned around and looked down towards the dance floor. Leon was standing at the snack table putting the finishing touches on the centerpiece. Dotted around the floor were ten foot Christmas trees, elaborately decorated.

"Almost..." Leon said as he placed a silver leaf on the table "Done. There, I can trust your magic wont mess up my hard work." He looked up at Jack and smiled. "I'll leave you to finish up. I must go get dressed! So many little things to finish before the guests arrive" Leon then ran out the door, Not before stopping to look at Jack. " By the way you look amazing in black."

"Go, I'll be fine. This isnt my first ball you know, been doing these for years." Jack said with a smirk. "Besides even you must wait to see the special things Im doing this year."

"Fine! If i must wait I guess that's the way it will have to be." Leon said with a laugh as he walked out the door. the door shut and locked behind him. "Really a lock." Leon shook his head. "Perhaps he knows me too well." he said as he walked down to his room, Undressing as he walked down the hall.

Jack walked down the stairs leading to the balcony. He stood in the center of the ballroom his cane in hand. He spoke a few words and runes started flowing around him. He spoke faster and the runes began to flow faster around him. He slammed down his cane with a resounding boom. The drapes on the windows began shutting and it began to get dark in the ball room until all that was visible were the runes flowing around Jack. Suddenly the Trees began to glow with a calming light, illuminated snow began to slowly fall in the room, and the garland around the banisters began to glow with an incandesent light as well.

Jack finished weaving his spell and summoned the orchestra to begin playing music. He turned around and smiled. "I amaze myself each year." He looked down at his watch. "Crap, the guests will be here soon."
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3326
Usertitle : The One and only

Moderation Color: Crimson
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.ffreverie.forumotionnet

Back to top Go down

The Yuletide Ball {open} Empty Re: The Yuletide Ball {open}

Post by Chryse Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Chryse strode up to the door of Jack' Mansion, she was wearing an iridescent blue ball gown and a matching half-mask in the shape of a butterfly, She had matching ribbons woven into her hair and the color was striking against her natural grey. She extended her arm and rapped sharply at the door. "Open up Jacky it's cold out here." She called out impatiently.
Chryse
Chryse

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Jack Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:30 am

Jack arrived at the door, and opened it. "Chryse! how have you been, Come in out of the cold love. You're the first to arrive." he took her coat and hung it up. "Its been a while hasn't it. Leon's up getting ready still we ran a bit late decorating."
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chryse Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:53 am

"You're always late," Chryse said flatly staring at Jack straight-faced for a moment before smiling. "Come now, lets see if it was worth the lateness." She said heading towards the ballroom.

Chryse opened the ballroom door and gasped in surprise, "Oh my, you've really outdone yourself this time," She said looking around at the soft glow that permeated everything. She reached out a hand and caught one of the enchanted snowflakes on her palm before it dissolved away into nothingness. "Magnificent Jacky I can't wait for others to arrive."
Chryse
Chryse

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Harin Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Harin and a good friend approached Jack's mansion with Harin wearing a green tunic with white leggings and brown boots that reached just below his knee caps and a plain, green stocking hat on his head. As for his mask Harin wore a black wolf mask with the outline of a white diamond on its forhead. As he arrived at the door to Jack's mansion he said, "Well should I knock or do you want to?"
Harin
Harin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2324
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:33 pm

"Does it matter?" Mari said reaching up and knocking at the door. "Gah I can't believe I'm wearing a dress, she said looking at herself. She was wearing a white under-dress with a purple over coat, long white gloves, and brown boots. She just wore a simple mask over her eyes with gold designs around the edges. "It should be a fun party at least, and it's inside so it'll be warmer than out here." Mari said exhaling heavily releasing a puff of air that was visible hanging in the air. "Heh, I'm a dragon," she muttered under her breath to herself.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2075
Usertitle : Public Relations Director
Moderation Color: Lavender
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Jack Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:25 pm

"Thankyou chryse. Others are at the door make your self at home." He bowed and the teleported downstairs to the door. "Man thats handy," he said as he tossed the materia in his pocket.

He opened the door, and saw that what appeared to be Harin and Mari at the door. " Welcome, My good friends, Come in to the warmth and out of this snow. Its really starting to come down." He held open the door. And then took their coats.

"How have you been? was the journey long?" He asked.
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Harin Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:41 am

Harin walked into the mansion and looked around in awe just of how big the building was from the inside. Once Jack took his coat and asked his questions Harin said, "I've been pretty good. Some of the places we have been sure are interesting and our journey wasn't all that long. Just took a couple days."
Harin
Harin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2324
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down