Dusk Aerilius

Mari Bryn

Top posting users this week

My Diet For Thirty Days

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Diet For Thirty Days

Post by Lilith on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Day 1 of the Diet
As of September 30, 2011 I weigh 155 pounds. Some people don't think that's a lot, but for someone who is five feet and three inches it is a lot. I was eating comfort food to do with the stress and as it just so happened I wasn't really getting any exercise to keep it off. I will weigh in on Tuesday to see if I stick to the diet my older sister has set out for me. I'm also making my husband do the diet with me that I'm not doing it alone. Today I started with coffee with a tablespoon of Whey Protein. Whey Protein with coffee is an acquired taste that I will have to get used to especially the chocolate Whey Protein. When I need more I'll get vanilla next time.

At work I told my house manager for the week that I'm on a diet. She was completely shocked. I was able to manage to stay on course with diet. I had sloppy joes with out bread and an apple. For dinner it was Swai fillets lightly floured with salad. The only thing I had to drink was water. By the time I got off work I had drank three bottles of water. Over all today was good in starting the diet was a success.

Day 2: The Pot Luck Dinner
Today I decided to add Stevia to the coffee and Whey Protein. This actually made the drink taste better than yesterday. I go into work to see a lovely temptation sitting out on the counter. The house manager baked no-bake cookies. I wanted one so bad but refrained from eating since oatmeal and peanut butter are not in my diet. As the day progressed I helped one person served pop popcorn. I had to refrain from taking some because carbohydrates aren't in my diet as well. So I drank water to keep me from eating the popcorn and no-bake cookies. For lunch everyone had pizza and chips. I had the left over lightly floured fish from last night. The biggest test for the day was when the pot luck dinner rolled around this evening. The dinner of the people served consisted of chicken, turkey dogs, pasta salad, cole slaw, cheese rice, and green beans. I basically had the chicken breast and the turkey dogs for dinner along with my fourth bottle of water for the day. Now I'm going to teach my husband how to order food in the restaurant that will fit into the dietary regulations. So we will see how that goes tonight.

Day 3 Part 1: The Implementing of the Diet at School
So today I got started on the wrong foot. I didn't get up till about 7:45. Which means I missed high woodwind sectionals and band due to not hearing the alarm go off; but odds are I didn't set the alarm. I'll just go in and talk to Dr. Taylor about it. Besides that I got up and made coffee, whey protein concoction for me to drink while I'm on my way to school. The hardest part about doing the diet today is that I will be eating at school where they have my biggest temptation cake. And no matter what they always have cake. This will be my challenge of the day and if I can get through it then I can get through it the rest of the week and next three weeks after that. I'll post part two of today after my jazzercise class. That should be fun with the diet I'm on now. XD

Day 3 Part 2: The Implementing of The Diet at School
Okay so I drank the coffee/whey protein concoction during my 9 a.m. class. After that I went and talked to Dr. Taylor and told him what happened. He said it wasn't like me to miss class on purpose and gave me an excused absence from both high woodwind sectional and band that morning. I had to make a trip home to get my phone, day planner and pencil bag for my last class of the day. I helped my husband out by making his coffee for him. He went to the gym after I left the house to go get lunch at school. I got to the school and waled from the BTB building to Casado to the lunch hall. I got the cheeseburger like I normally do. But instead of eating the cheese, the hamburger bun, and french fries; I just eat the hamburger patty. Also had a sliced apple and a salad. The beverages were unsweetened tea and water. So I'm completely proud of myself and fought the urge to get the cake. I went shopping after my last class to get a few things on the list my sister had sent me the night before. The shopping went great and left me time to relax before I went to jazzercise. Jazzercise went pretty well sore from the abs down but that means I did the workout right. After that I heated up some already pre-cooked turkey patties and added lettuce and mustard to the plate and ate dinner with Matt. Around 9:30 p.m. I had strawberries for a snack. Tomorrow I will weigh myself in the morning and blog about it tomorrow night.

Day 4: The Weighing in the Morning
So I failed to mention in my last blog that I weighed my self to see what my scale said last night. I really weigh 159 pounds. But this morning I woke up and saw that I lost three pounds which made it really exciting for me. While I did this the coffee was brewing. It was a little unnerving because I was late to class and forgot to take water with me to keep my stomach from growling. On top of that the temptation got worse because the cafeteria had cake with a cream filling which I strongly wanted. But I was good and had the same thing I had yesterday for lunch. After lunch I finished my last class for the day and headed to Rose Hill to get my hair cut. Which I think looks good on me. Then went to my moms to hang out and had sloppy joes with out the bun. I've been doing very good with this diet so far. I'm very proud of myself for keeping to the diet. Yes it is hard but I do have a loving husband doing this with me and we are supporting each other in this diet. So hears to a good start for the both of us.

Day 5: Chicken Day Oh My
I got up this morning and weighed myself and I lost 5 pounds. I was so excited that I weighed 151 pounds. That makes 8 pounds for the week so far. I got coffee started and got dressed. Matt weighed himself this morning as well and he lost 5 pounds as well. I was so excited for him. Made myself proud I was at band early this morning. Then after that I practiced for my lesson and ate an apple help comfort my stomach before my private lesson. I go to lunch and I notice they have chicken breast. So instead of getting the hamburger I got the chicken and a salad for today along with water to drink. Everyone liked my new haircut and said it looked cute on me. After my last class I went home for a little bit and relaxed before my jazzercise class. The class was amazing and energetic. This helps me get into working out with the high energy. That finished at 6. I had turkey sausage links with water. Tonight or tomorrow I'm going to make dinner and put them in containers so Matt and I can just reheat when need be to eat our two meals.

Day 6:1 lb. Weight Loss and Therapy
Today kinda started off wrong I only lost a pound an my husband stayed the same weight. But we thought there is always tomorrow to lose weight. Whey Protein had become my breakfast substitute instead of McDonalds. School was uneventful with the exception group projects in World Religion. Lunch was fun and entertaining. I had the hamburger with Mustard and salad with fat free ranch and water. Before American Literature I ate an apple. I drank 2 bottles of water before and after lunch and had water at lunch. I talked to my therapist and she made sure that the diet was okay for me to do and I assured her that it a doctor did give my sister this diet. But we did identify to major reasons why I comfort eat and different stress relievers I can do instead of comfort eating. So over all my therapy session was good and productive. I came home and for some odd reason I took a long nap and got back up at 10:45. I had some turkey deli meat and egg white omelet with lettuce. So all in all it was a good day for my husband and I.

Day 7: An Experiment
Today was like any day since my husband and I have started the diet. Get up drink the Whey/coffee concoction. Went to class and had a normal. I was excited that I got my paycheck and was able to put $100 into savings for my trip to China. Matt got his $50 for the week like normal. I'm looking forward to next week because that is when I go out with my friend Sam to lunch. So my choose in food should be interesting. Lunch today was fish, hamburger, salad, and water. Dinner tonight was a miss. I experimented with scrambling egg whites and turkey hot dogs. As I found out those two don't go well together and for my dessert of the day was an apple. Tomorrow will be interesting since I'm working with the house manager that I don't like.

This the first seven days I've bee blogging about since I start my Diet on Saturday from no on I'll post in here when I post on my blog. Wish me luck.
Lilith
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3537
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: My Diet For Thirty Days

Post by Lilith on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Day 8: Diet Splurge Yikes!
So I still weighed the same today when I woke up. I did my morning routine and got ready for work. Well today wasn't really all what I expected it to be. Instead of having sloppy joes for lunch we had hamburger helper with noodles. I did okay with that I picked out most the noodles and at the meat and a little bit of noodles that I didn't find. Well my husband calls me to let me know that his grandparents want to take me out to eat at Red Lobster after I get off work. I went in thinking I was going to be strong and stick to my guns on my dieting. Was so off base after I sat down. The told me it was okay to splurge every now and then. So I did what they said and splurged. So what I had for dinner was cheese biscuits, shrimp nachos, salad, shrimp alfredo, shrimp scampi in garlic sauce, and fried shrimp. I ate everything but the fried shrimp on top of that I had two cokes then came home and had a chocolate bar. So really the only healthy things I did eat out of this was the shrimp scampi, the salad, the shrimp off the nachos and the pasta. I did though drink over 100 fl. oz. of water today. I do plan doing a dance work out video before going to bed tonight to burn most of the food I taken in. From this point forward I'm going to be good and keep to the diet. New I should have had the Grilled shrimp, lobster tail, and shrimp scampi instead. Some exciting news Matt told me how much he actually weighed. His actual starting weight was 270 pounds. He has lost 13 pounds since starting this diet. I'm very proud of my husband for doing this and keeping with it. Smile
Lilith
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Day 9: The Pot Luck Dinner on Shift
So today was normal like usual with the exception gaining one pound. I get to work and wait for my people served to get ready for church. We go to church we left about 1:15pm so I could feed them lunch. We had sloppy joes. I again didn't have the bun. Did have an apple though. Dinner in my opinion was a disaster. We had 17 people served had enough hamburgers for people served and not enough for staff. I had to hear staff complain that they didn't get a hamburger. So I was nice enough to split mine into quarters and my quarter really didn't fill me up. Well Matt went to his grandmas and I met him there and had chili with him which filled me up. Water wise I had 4 water bottles. I'll post most more tomorrow.
Lilith
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Day 10: Old Friend and Another Detour.
I weighed myself this morning and I gained 3 pounds. Standing there scratching my head trying t figure out why. Well I weighed Matt as well and he gained 2, lucky. I did the routine morning and drank only half my coffee and had to trow out the rest by the time I was able to drink it again because it was and not all that great. An old friend came into town and I went and saw him after my 9 am class. It was good seeing him again but with that I splurged yet again since he was here and it was his treat. After I got done hanging out with my friend I went back to school and finished my day. Did come home early at my husbands request to help out in a family matter. Well since I splurged on my first meal I let him splurge on his as well. So I wouldn't be surprised if I gain a little more weight today. Hopefully this is the last detour for a while. Then starting tomorrow I will be going to the gym to work off the weight I have gained in the past few days. Matt did say he will go work out with me when he has the time. Good news is that I walked 87,955 steps in a week. Next post tomorrow.
Lilith
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum