The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
Treasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite] I_vote_lcapTreasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite] I_voting_barTreasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite] I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
Treasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite] I_vote_lcapTreasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite] I_voting_barTreasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite] I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Treasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite]

3 posters

Go down

Treasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite] Empty Treasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite]

Post by Captain Jack Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Jack and Chryse trekked up to the boardwalk, It was a large pier over looking the great sea. The streets were lined with vendors, shops full of brick-a-brak, Clubs, and bars. They walked by a group of young men in there twenties, "MMMM, i really need to get a summer home here." Jack said as they walked by, he followed them with his eyes, He was like a child in a candystore.
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3326
Usertitle : The One and only

Moderation Color: Crimson
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.ffreverie.forumotionnet

Back to top Go down

Treasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite] Empty Re: Treasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite]

Post by Chryse Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:46 pm

"You're telling me Jacky. So young and full of life," Chryse took a deep breath and smiled, "A girl could get used to this place, if it just wasn't so bloody bright out," she said glaring angrily at the sun. "So what's first on the agenda? Shopping, exploring, or fun? Although technically I find both shopping and exploring fun I guess the fun is a given." Chryse twirled her parasol and eyed another group of boys across the street. "This trip is going to be fun."
Chryse
Chryse

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Treasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite] Empty Re: Treasure, Hunts, and Mystery. [Jack and Chryse Open by Invite]

Post by Captain Jack Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:03 am

"Here," he said as he flung a small bag of money towards her. "That's more than enough to get ya supplies." He pointed in the direction of some smoke billowing out of a chimney. "Im sure thats where you need to head. As for me." He smiled a big smile and flipped his hair out of his eyes. "Costa Del Sol has one of the nations Great Libraries. Im going to go be a bookworm." He suddenly ran off, but then swiftly turned around. " See Ya soon! Its just around the corner here." he waved.
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Adrian Lansing was in the library curled up with a book and Cecilia on his lap. His hair had fallen down in his face and he impatiently brushed it away. "You lied to me Cecilia," he said closing the book and stroking her head. "That book had a horrible ending, I'm never following your advice again. Why should I read about others adventures when I can have my own?" Cecilia looked at him for a moment before jumping up onto the back of the chair and meowing at him. Adrian got up and went to put his book away. "Come on honey, he said jerking his head to the door, "Let's go get some lunch." He walked out the door thrusting his hands into his pockets as he looked up at the sun, "Beautiful day ain't it Cecelia," he said looking back at where she walked behind him.

"Oh god I'm so sorry!" Adrian said as he ran into someone. "I really should watch where I'm going are you okay?"
Adrian
Adrian

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Jack Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Jack was looking at the sky enjoying the slight breeze through the trees and listening to the babble of the people around him. Suddenly he ran into someone, "Ooof, I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention to what was in front of me. The trees distracted me. They are so beautiful when they are in bloom." He looked forward at the young man and a cat strolling behind him. "Hi, Im Jack. Is the library near here? I have much to research about. Im searching for a legend." He said as a bird caught his attention.
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:26 am

"Nice to meet you Jack, My name is Adrian and the library is right behind me but if your in search of legends the library may not be your best bet." Adrian said with a smile. "They focus more on facts and such, if you want a legend you might try the docks, some of the old sailors down there know just about everything. I could introduce you to a friend of mine if you like."
Adrian
Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Jack Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:47 am

"Hmm, It was more of fun for me. But my friend is in one of the shops nearby, Perhaps we, could hang out at that dinner over there." He pointed to a small cafe, "As we wait. she would kill me if i left her." Jack said with a smile as he held out his arm. "By the by, you are absolutely scrumptious."
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chryse Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Chryse was on her way to the building Jack pointed out, when she stopped by a window display "Ohh," she muttered she weighed the bag of coins in her hand before smiling, "Clothing counts as supplies," she said with a smile as she walked into the door. About half an hour later she was on her way out loaded down with boxes and bags. She saw a young boy sitting by the door, "Hey kid, want a spare coin?" She said glancing down at him. The kid nodded and scrambled up, Chryse passed all of her packages off to him and set off walking.

Chryse was once again headig towards the shop when she glanced down a streat and saw Jack sitting outside of a dinner with a handsome young man. "The nerve of him," she muttered turning and striding down the street, the boy struggling to keep up. "This doesn't look like a library, and that doesn't look like a book Jack," Chryse said standing over him.
Chryse
Chryse

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Adrien looked up at the grey haired lady standing over them, she was tall and looked a bit angry. "Oh hello," he said lowering his glass and standing up, "You must be Jack's friend, My name is Adrian Lansing pleasure to meet you." He said holding out his hand to her. "You are correct though, I'm not a book and this is not a library but they do have some fantastic drinks."
Adrian
Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Jack Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:18 pm

"I swear he offered his assistance of his own free will!" Jack said with some urgency in his voice. "By the way they do have wonderful drinks here. I believe mines called a lemon-berry explosion." He said as he sipped on his drink more with an innocent smile. "Adrian seems to know a bit about local lore." he said with a smug look on his face. "I said i would do research and i am... it just happens to be in the company of a hot boy and fruity drinks." he laughed
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chryse Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:17 pm

"I guess I can't fault your logic," Chryse said as she sat down and ordered her own drink. "Why does the Lansing name seem so familiar? I swear I know that name from somewhere...oh well doesn't matter. So what information does our young friend have Jackie?" Chryse asked as her drink arrived she took a sip and nodded. "Not bad, a little week but what do you expect from a city bar?"
Chryse
Chryse

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:30 pm

"Well I don't personally know a whole lot. But I know a guy, old sailor knows all the legends from this world and others. He spends most of his time by the docks at a nice little bar. Well by nice I mean completely ran down, horribly decorated angry staff, but absolutely fabulous when it comes to strong drinks. They would probably have one to make even you wince ma'am." Adrian said taking another sip of his drink. "I offered to take Jack there but he wanted to wait on you so here we are."
Adrian
Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Jack Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:57 am

Jack finished his drink and left some money on the table. "The question is, is he reliable for information. After all he is a sailor." Jack smiled, and stood up. "Either way im ready for some adventure." He stretched, and looked at Cryse who was now armed with two large handguns. "So your back to that, huh? Just dont shoot at me this time. Bullets kill." He said jokingly.
Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chryse Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:16 pm

"So do swords love," Chryse said draining her drink and standing. "And what is it you have against sailors exactly, years ago wasn't there one young sailor you kept around for his wealth of 'information' but I digress, to the docks! I require stronger ale than this," she said grabbing both of the men by their arms and striding off down the street. "So Adrian Lansing, I remember how I know your name, I had a few business deals with a man by that name years ago. He was a swindler, a cheat and a damn good business man. He also looked almost exactly like you." She said glancing over at Adrian and raising her eyebrow questioningly.
Chryse
Chryse

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:45 pm

"Yes...well, that was probably my great-grandfather, he started the shipping business that helped turn Costa del Sol into the town it is to day, blah, blah, blah, no one really cares." Adrian said as Chryse dragged him down the street. "The man we're going to see is Solomon, he's been around longer than pretty much anyone in this town. If you're looking for a legend he'll know it, and he'll know the most realistic version, but what are you after anyway? What story could bring you all the way out here?"
Adrian
Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Jack Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:47 am

"That sailor... Had certain advantages indeed." Jack said with a fond look of a far off time. Then he snapped out of it. "But regardless they are liers and cheats." He snapped angrily,

He looked at Adrian, with a serious face. " Beweary of us, Young knight. What we are searching for is a thing of a far off past. You should know of the danger, coming with me entales. The chances of you dying is quiet high. Just thought id mention that. But fear not we are skilled fighters and you can trust us to have your back as long as you have ours." Jack said with a trustworthy smile.

"We search for the Legendary Prima Vista, The ship of souls! I wish to add it to my collection."

Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:01 pm

"That seems slightly melodramatic," Adrian said with a smile, "But I appreciate the thought. I think I'm pretty good at staying alive so far, and I'm not just a useless decoration you know, I can wield a blade along with the best of them," he said with a toss of his head. "But here we have it, the seediest bar on the coast. " Adrian said striding into the bar and sitting at the table with a scraggly old man sat hunched over his drink, one eye covered in a bandage and a ragged old coat wrapped around him.

"Afternoon Hal, I brought a few new friends with me tonight, they're looking for a legend. I told them you were the best." Adrian said as he ordered a round of drinks with a nod.

"Hrmph," the old man said as he took a long drag from his drink. "Going to disturb old bones eh?" Hal said turning his eye towards Jack.
Adrian
Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Jack Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:15 am

(OOC: Sorry for the delay been pretty sick the past week)

"Going to disturb old bones eh?" Hal said turning his eye towards Jack. Jack looked at him and smiled, "The dead often seek company in their long rest, I however am just going for business." Jack said as the waitress walked up with glasses full of whiskey. He looked at her and handed her several large coins. "Be a dear and fetch the bottle, then leave us be. Im sure you'll find a hansom tip in it for you." The waitress nodded and smiled. "You lot behave now."

Jack turned to Hal, his eyes filled with fiery intent. " Now back to business. If you would so kindly tell me all you know of the Ship of souls, La Prima Vista."

Captain Jack
Captain Jack
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:43 pm

(OOC: My computer got stolen so I didn't notice lol)

Hall sat back and scratched his head " La Prima Vista" he muttered "Haven't heard that name in years. Well long ago when Costa Del Sol was more of a smugglers port than a city a grand ship was known to frequent. She was a beauty, so the stories say, unmatched by any others of her time. She sailed smoothly under the watchful gaze of her Captain. She was La Prima Vista. But a ship that grand has it's costs, the first mate was a treacherous sort and he wanted the ship for his own. So one night, the first mate slipped a knife between the captains ribs and took control of the ship himself tossing the body over board with nary a word said to honor the dead."

Hall paused and took a drink from his glass before continuing. "The legend says that it was soon after that that things began going awry for La Prima Vista. The ship that sailed so smoothly began breaking down as if she had lost the will to sail. She was unable to catch even the slowest of ships under the first mates command and the crew began turning against him as their fortune turned. One night, under the dark of the moon the crew mutinied killing the first mate and taking the ship under group command. They turned towards Costa Del Sol planning to sell the ship to the highest bidder and find other ships to sail with. But as they approached the port a squall blew up whipping the ocean into a frenzy. The crew didn't have a captain to guide them through the storm, they cried out to the gods pleading for help. But the sea is a cruel mistress, La Prima Vista was struck by lightning and went down in minutes, soon after the storm died down, leaving the water clear and calm. A few folks went out searching for survivors but none were ever found, and no wreckage was ever spotted."

"And that is the tale of La Prima Vista, once a grand beauty, betrayed by her mate and forsaken by her crew. There are still tales told today by a few sailors about the grand ship being spotted sailing near the port under the dark of the moon." Hall drained the rest of his glass and poured himself another.

"Does that satisfy ya?"
Adrian
Adrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down