Link (479)

Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month

Top posting users this week

Should The Future Of FF Be On Xbox?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should The Future Of FF Be On Xbox?

Post by Sir Sephiroth on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:36 pm

It has been said before by many people, that they highly dislike the fact that Square Enix has started to put the franchise of FF on the Xbox. I myself am one of those, who highly dislike this idea. But I do understand that, by doing this they are going to make more money. Because most people that want to play Final Fantasy, do not want to pay for the PS3.

But Sony is trying to attone for the fact that before the PS3 was so expencieve. And I think that Square Enix, should start a new franchise for the xbox and leave the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts franchises to Sony.

What do you think?
Sir Sephiroth

Number of posts : 334
Usertitle : Knight of Jenova
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Should The Future Of FF Be On Xbox?

Post by Da Gamer on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:46 am

Well I don't see whay they can't bring it out on both consoles as so many different games already do
Da Gamer

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Sephiroth on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:19 pm

Well I myself am a hardcore PS3 fan. And just a hardcore Sony guy. I used to have the Xbox and Xbox 360. But I got sick and tired of all the problems that it had and they still have.
Sir Sephiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Godspeed on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:16 am

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. I'm not saying that FF should be 360 exclusive, but I think its good the Xbox 360 is getting this. Take a look, there are quite a few good RPGs on the Xbox 360 such as The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3 (Though they were both made by Bethesda). But then there are the not so greats like Star Ocean: The Last Hope (it was decent but it lacked the real RPG feel.) among others like Tales Of Vesperia.

The Xbox 360 doesn't really have the RPG genre down, we need a heavy-set one like Final Fantasy. I'm all for it to be on the PS3 as well, but I find it weird that people consider it to be for 360 only. I mean, its been confirmed for PS3 and 360. I mean yeah, outside of Japan it won't be released in English for the 360 and PS3 because they're still working on the 360 version for a simultaneous release, but that doesn't stop the fact that it won't be worse than it should be. You can still hold it accountable for the fact that Versus XIII is PS3 exclusive.

tldr version: The Xbox 360 needs a heavy-set RPG like Final Fantasy, but that doesn't mean it needs to be just for the 360.
Godspeed

Number of posts : 68
Usertitle : You can live with dignity, but you can't die with it.
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vindentur on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:37 am

I have both a 360 and a PS3 so this isn't particulary a concern for me but I don't particulary see the issue with multiplatform Final Fantasy.

Many people who once played PS2 now simply don't touch the PS3 and Square Enix has taken note of that. I think going multiplatform is a great idea, more people get to play the game and that means more money for the company. More money means they can continue making these games.

Its a purely beneficial move by Square and if it benefits them then in the long run it benefits the consumers despite what console they may be running.

However I personally will be purchasing my Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3 mostly due to the fact that I think it will run much better and I am very much accustomed to playing my JRPGs on a Sony console.
Vindentur

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:16 pm

GRRRRRR I hate xbox witha passion! I've had PS since I was little... and well microsoft is getting sucky at computers... I could rant on all day how much i hate but, its midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Sephiroth on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:21 am

I have to agree with HM.

I have had to many problems with Xbox. I have had the red ring of death. And other problems. But what made me hate them and get rid of my 360 was that it started to scratch up my games to the point of no play.

I think that Square should make a brand new RPG for the xbox and leave FF for PS3 and PSP.
Sir Sephiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Godspeed on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:57 am

Just a thought to Sephiroth, how did you have your Xbox 360? Was it vertical or horiztontal?

If yours was vertical the chance of getting your game scratched is very likely. I've had mine for over a year, I've had it horizontal ever since I first got it and none of my games have ever been scratched.
Godspeed

Number of posts : 68
Usertitle : You can live with dignity, but you can't die with it.
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Godspeed wrote:I'm going to have to disagree on this one. I'm not saying that FF should be 360 exclusive, but I think its good the Xbox 360 is getting this. Take a look, there are quite a few good RPGs on the Xbox 360 such as The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3 (Though they were both made by Bethesda). But then there are the not so greats like Star Ocean: The Last Hope (it was decent but it lacked the real RPG feel.) among others like Tales Of Vesperia.

The Xbox 360 doesn't really have the RPG genre down, we need a heavy-set one like Final Fantasy. I'm all for it to be on the PS3 as well, but I find it weird that people consider it to be for 360 only. I mean, its been confirmed for PS3 and 360. I mean yeah, outside of Japan it won't be released in English for the 360 and PS3 because they're still working on the 360 version for a simultaneous release, but that doesn't stop the fact that it won't be worse than it should be. You can still hold it accountable for the fact that Versus XIII is PS3 exclusive.

tldr version: The Xbox 360 needs a heavy-set RPG like Final Fantasy, but that doesn't mean it needs to be just for the 360.

I completely agree with this in every way. I mean he does have a point, I dont own an Xbox360 personally. But I have a few friends who do and they all tell me that there aren't that many 'great' RPG's out there for the Xbox360. So I really think that the Xbox needs a huge franchise name to add to its ranks.

TBH this is no different than when Square came out with that one FF for Gamecube. A lot of people were upset because they had become pure Sony fans. But then again I dont think that game did as best as it could anyway.

All in all I think this is definitely a good thing and people will warm up to the fact sooner or later.
Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Sephiroth on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Godspeed wrote:Just a thought to Sephiroth, how did you have your Xbox 360? Was it vertical or horiztontal?

If yours was vertical the chance of getting your game scratched is very likely. I've had mine for over a year, I've had it horizontal ever since I first got it and none of my games have ever been scratched.

When I had the first problems it was verticle. And that's when I had the red ring of death (over heated). Then I sent it off and had it fixed. So when I got it back I put horizontal and that's when it started to scratch my games and dvd's. So I got very angry with it.

But I highly disagree about it not having enough rpg. I mean look at the Elder scrolls. Fallout and Fable. Those are some actual good games. But I just think it should be left for Sony and SE create a whole new franchise for xbox
Sir Sephiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirma on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:51 am

I was a bit...iffy on the issue at hand, but then I realised FF was first on the SNES, then it moved to Playstation, so I don't see it being an issue on the X-Box. If they're worried about the sales not being brilliant on PS3...I wouldn't worry. As long as console prices are reasonable when the FF games in the future are released, then many people will buy copies of that game for the PS3 as well the X-Box titles. Not everyone loves X-Box you know..
Shirma

Number of posts : 63
Usertitle : Ohai
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Sephiroth on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:57 am

Well if they decide to do it that way. Then instead of making it for Xbox then PS3. They should make it for PS3 and then the Xbox.

Because the PS3 disc can hold more and better graphics. But the Xbox can not. So when they make it for Xbox first then try to up the game for PS3 it doesn't really work.
Sir Sephiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Harin on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:57 pm

Bump and Revive
Harin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2324
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:03 pm

i think they should be on all three platforms, that way they might get more sails...
Midnight

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum